Thursday, October 22, 2009

The Blogging Blues

I can't believe it's almost been a week again since my last post.  My aching back that has now been going on for almost a month (if not longer) has really started to get me down and affect my entire being and my poor hubby who wonders if his sweet wife will ever return to him!

I've been to the chiropractor every Tuesday and Thursday for weeks and all seemed to be progressing in a positive mode until this past Monday.  I had joined a friend for breakfast and before leaving the restaurant, I took a quick jaunt into the "little girl's room" before heading out for some shopping.  While leaving the stall, I heard a loud CRASH which caused me to quickly jerk my head to see what fell (it was the cover to the double toilet roll thingy) and I re-injured my neck/shoulder/back again.  SIGH!  I had the mother of all headaches from that point on until Wednesday morning.  I am beginning to wonder if I will ever not feel pain in my upper extremities again.

On a positive note, my precious mother-in-law came by on Monday and Tuesday afternoons after her work to help me plant some bulbs in my front and rear gardens.  I can barely wait until Spring to see the tulips, hyacinth & crocuses pop their little heads above the earthy soil.  In order to keep the squirrels from stealing my buried Spring treasures, I sprinkled Cayenne and Chili pepper over the ground to ward off the "rats with bushy tails".

Speaking of work... my next door neighbor called me on Tuesday.  Her BFF is a naturopath doctor who is in desperate need for reception help and my neighbor "J" wondered if I would be interested in helping her out for either a short-term or long-term gig.  I met with Dr. C on Wednesday morning and tomorrow I begin training.  I'll be working M-W, & F, 10am-2pm for at least a month probably.  I'm uncertain if this is a job I'd like to do long-term because I am still thinking I'd like to sign up with a temp agency so I would have more freedom, but for now, this position allows me to continue leading my ladies' small group at church which I would have been sad to give up.

I have not much else to say tonight as I'm wrestling through feelings of discouragement from my aches.  It amazes me that in this time of chronic pain I lose sight of my need to call out for God.  I'm too busy feeling sorry for myself and I have a few times in the past weeks forgotten to remember to pray for God's healing over my back.  Isn't that silly?  Why is it that when we truly need God in those daily things we sometimes forget Him?  I know that it is only in spending time talking over with Him my situation and my days that I will feel the strength to carry on through the pain of what I'm enduring.  I was reminded this past week in one of my many "pity-parties" that my Mom, who suffered every day with ailments for the last 20+ years of her life, never seemed to let them get the best of her.  She would say aloud to herself and anyone within ear shot every day, "This is the day the Lord has made.  I will rejoice and be glad in it!"  I need to follow her lead!

5 comments:

Denise said...

I'm just off to bed sweetie, and I'll be praying for you. Sending big hugs.
xxxx

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

I too have an aching back and tree season has not even started....
I love your blog design....so cute....


Hope you will stop by my Christmas blog...a great giveaway will be given away Sunday night....

http://teresa-grammygirlfriend.blogspot.com/
http://grammyababychangeseverything.blogspot.com

He & Me + 3 said...

So sorry to hear about your headaches and body aches. I have those too. I went to the chiro yesterday. Feeling a bit better today but so tired. Great attitude you mother had. Today is the day the Lord has made and we WILL rejoice and be glad in it! Hope you are having a God filled day.

Abby said...

I'm glad to read a post from you! I'm so sorry that you are in so much pain! That stinks. I know it's hard to remember to lean on God. I pray that you lean on Him and also feel better!!

When I read the quote that your mom said it made me chuckle because my mother has said that to me my entire life. My mom is visiting and I read it out loud to her and we both said it together:) Cute.

Honeycombs said...

Hi Sue, I do hope your aches and pains are now easing. Thank you for the birthday wishes and just to say I remember when I was younger people would ask if mam was related to the royal family - but somehow I don't think so but you never know ... Have a blessed week. Hugs, Jean x