After hubby had to drag me away from the beach Saturday morning, we head back to Raleigh for a few days before heading home Tuesday.
Saturday afternoon we hung out by the pool in my sister's neighborhood before taking C & D out to The Melting Pot for dessert. I know... again with the Melting Pot!! Heck... gotta take advantage while we can, ya know! C had never been before so it was very important to share that with her!
Sunday was church where C & D's pastor gave a great sermon. C fed us a delicious steak, corn-on-the-cob, grilled veggies lunch before packing up their boat and heading to the lake. What was supposed to be a so-so day weather-wise turned into a gorgeous afternoon. D, T & B all skied while C, hubby & I stayed dry in the boat. Afterwards, we hopped out at the beach & waded in to the sand where we had a rousing game of Bocce Ball until the sun began to make it's decent for the day.
Monday, hubby & I did some last minute shopping. We had some Kohl's dollars we needed to spend before heading home so we picked up a bath mat and an electric fondue pot to take home. We started to pack the car with what we could and then took the family out to Olive Garden for the "last supper". Hubby and D on Saturday night picked up some shorts and t-shirts at Hudson Belk and they decided to wear their new threads to dinner... check them out...
Hubby & Dean in their new threads!Hubby, me and the NC gang
By 7:00 am Tuesday morning we were packed up and ready to hit the road. After getting onto the I-76 (PA Turnpike) we decided to take a more backroads route home which saved us miles and probably added an extra 30 minutes to our drive. Nevertheless, after a 30 minute sit at the Canadian customs, we were back in Canada and home 13-1/2 hours later.
Today hubby was still on vacation. We slept in and then I worked on my (late) assignment while he puttered upstairs. Mid-morning we went out together into the sunshine and washed the car (inside and out) and then head over to the pool with our neighbor. The pool water felt like a hottub it was so warm. We needed to get out of the water to feel refreshed but it was still nice to grab that little bit more sunshine before we bid this year's summer vacation farewell... at least hubby anyways! After we showered and I did my hair, we head out to Boston Pizza for dinner and well... here I am... blogging about the remainder of our vacation.
As I reflect on all we did and saw I can't help but give huge praises to God for keeping us safe and for allowing us this time with family and on our own in Myrtle Beach. We both feel so incredibly blessed by God and I don't want to for one moment take any of it for granted. As September settles in, so must I into some sort of routine. Not sure what my Fall will look like yet, but my summer vacation memories will remain fondly in the forefront of my mind for the days and weeks ahead.
Today hubby was still on vacation. We slept in and then I worked on my (late) assignment while he puttered upstairs. Mid-morning we went out together into the sunshine and washed the car (inside and out) and then head over to the pool with our neighbor. The pool water felt like a hottub it was so warm. We needed to get out of the water to feel refreshed but it was still nice to grab that little bit more sunshine before we bid this year's summer vacation farewell... at least hubby anyways! After we showered and I did my hair, we head out to Boston Pizza for dinner and well... here I am... blogging about the remainder of our vacation.
As I reflect on all we did and saw I can't help but give huge praises to God for keeping us safe and for allowing us this time with family and on our own in Myrtle Beach. We both feel so incredibly blessed by God and I don't want to for one moment take any of it for granted. As September settles in, so must I into some sort of routine. Not sure what my Fall will look like yet, but my summer vacation memories will remain fondly in the forefront of my mind for the days and weeks ahead.



3 comments:
I'm glad you made it safely back. It's always a bit of a let down the first couple days back from vacation until you get in the swing of real life. Its nice you were able to ease into being back.
Oh and I completely understand the whole Melting Pot thing. I'd take advantage while I could too! We have an electric fondue maker and we use it every New Years when we have friends over...it's gotten to be a tradition. It's quite fun!
Welcome home! It did seem like you were gone for a long time. I think by the sounds of things that you had a great time away.
You certainly came back to some gorgeous weather, here at home.
I laughed when I saw the matching outfits.
I finally figured out how to comment on your blog! yay! Your vacation sounds wonderful....I think I want one. =) Bocce ball, Kohls, Melting Pot, Olive Gareden, the beach - oh my word! So much fun! Good luck getting back into the swing of things. I usually feel like I need a vacation from my vacation.
Post a Comment