I noticed over the past year that my cycles were changing. Last summer Aunt Flo was on her own little vacation and I didn't see her until September. This year... she's gone again which on one hand isn't so bad. Saves cash for one thing

For the past month I think I've noticed that my body temperature is changing. In years gone by I was ALWAYS cold,
especially in the summer with air conditioning on I'd have to bundle up in sweats, etc. While at my sister's house these past couple weeks, I found myself getting hot and clammy despite the air conditioning.
I asked my 52 yr old sister, who is nearing the end of the "change", "What do hot flashes feel like?". Her reply, similar to other women I've heard, "feels like a power surge." "Hmm. I think I might be experiencing that."For those of you in your 30's and early 40's... this is NO FUN!
Let me tell you how uncomfortable this "change" is. Last night, I decided that the flannel pj pants I wore the night before were too hot. Instead, I put on a slinky little nightgown, hoping that this little spaghetti strapped number would keep me cool. Long story short... I woke up in a hot sweat this morning... blankets flailing off the bed... gasping for fresh air.
The sheets were damp, my hair was damp. "Eve... you got some 'splaining to do girlfriend!!!"Tonight, hubby has brought a fan upstairs to our room which should hopefully keep me under wraps in the blanket department. It really is a gross feeling when you feel chilled one minute and the next minute your skin feels like it is suffocating with an overheated feeling.
I truly didn't expect for this "change" to happen so soon, having just turned 45 last month, but I guess when your cycle doesn't stop for any length of time with a pregnancy (or two or three), the egg basket depletes a little faster than fertile women's. Oh well... what can ya do? At least my sister and I can go through this together!


5 comments:
I don't think I'm going through the change just yet but the night sweats you describe I get a lot! I just think it's the heat in summer that makes it worse for me? I have to turn the a/c lower every night otherwise I wake up being so hot! I know it's no fun sweetie, but don't know if there's anything you can do by way of meds at this stage? Will you go talk to your doc about it, or just persevere for now?
Hope to catch up with you more now you're home.
love you
xxxx
Welcome to the club...same symptoms...UGH....
Your blog is just beautiful and
I love stopping by.
I had a few hours to blog hop tonight.
Hope you will stop by and visit my new Christmas blog. There is a great giveaway this week. http://grammyababychangeseverything.blogspot.com
I can relate! I know all about the "changes" - I keep hoping mine will STOP for good, but at 54 it is still going, going, going. My night sweats are BAD!!! Oh yeah the JOYS of POWER SURGES! I keep telling myself, "This too shall pass!
Girl! I am not close to the change (thank you Jesus) but I am hot natured and I don't mean a little hot natured - like MAJOR hot natured! If it were up to me we wouldn't use heat and it gets pretty cold here. I love a high powered ceiling fan too. Winter is around the corner - hang in there!
Hey sweetie,
I'm so pleased to hear you're home and getting sorted. Yes all that laundry is no fun, but great when it's all done.
I've been praying for your niece and wondering how her pregnancy is progressing and how she and the bubs are doing. Do you have an update?
Oh yes.....tell me about those hot flashes, at 52 I have had my fair share (and someone else's as well some nights!!!!). Mood swings, oh my....have mercy....has miss cranky pants moved in yet? I know there are natural things you can take if you feel that would help, but in many ways the sweats do lessen and it does pass. I had a hysterectomy at 30 but he left my ovaries so I thought I'd go through the change early....I didn't. So welcome to the next wonderful more mature stage of womanhood! God has great things planned for you sweetie and as you head on through your 40's towards 50 there is enjoyment to be found in each new stage of our lives. It won't be too long before you suddenly realise those sweats are less and less and it's all good!
Have a great weekend sweetie. (Lots of love 'n hugs) xooxoxox
Post a Comment