I'm not sure if it's hormones or staying up too late but for some reason today I am BIG TIME "Miss Crankypants". Remember her? She is that cranky, overbearing, impatient and rather ugly individual who shows up on my doorstep unannounced and takes over my body.
She first made her presence known today when I went downstairs to start laundry. I know... MORE laundry. Like the 6 loads I did last week weren't enough, let's add 4 more today! I think I told you about the green shorts and top that hubby AND my brother-in-law bought while down in Raleigh. They looked like bobbsey-twins. Anyhoo... those green shorts are the bain of my existence right now. Last week, I washed the said shorts and hung them neatly to dry on the rack for fear that they would shrink in the dryer. Fine. No problem. A couple days later I took them off the rack and noticed that there were pink stains along the waistband on the outside of the shorts. I looked inside and WHOA... there was tons of pink stains... right along the edge of the binding tape along the seam... the RED binding tape along the WHITE seam.
Okay. I may not be the sharpest tool in the shed but seriously... who puts RED binding tape along a WHITE lining in GREEN/NAVY/WHITE shorts?? Anyone?? Anyone?? Bueller??
I called my sister to ask her what she did/would do if/when this happens to her hubby's identical shorts. Fortunately for her, D's shorts hadn't made their way into the laundry yet. "Thanks for the warning" she tells me. She suggested that after I try "Spray'n Wash", "Sunlight" bar soap, Dynamite (okay maybe not that one), that I should use a mix of vinegar and water to set the red dye in the waistband. Okay. I can handle that I think.
So, Tuesday, I scrub and scrub at the shorts getting almost all of the pink out, dosing the one last little spot along the side of the band with more Spray'n Wash. I go back this morning and now there is MORE pink along the front by the zipper, worse than was there originally. Oh my goodness... I just about lost it. I was ready to find a match and burn the stupid shorts. Instead, I called hubby like the hysterical SAHW I can be somedays, and we try & figure out what to do with the shorts. He suggested that I leave them with the pink and just do the setting with vinegar so no more gets pink and he'll just wear his shirt out with the shorts. Whatever!
I was SO upset that I actually went online to find the company that made the shorts and give them a piece of my mind. Lucky for them they don't have a website! Grrrr.
So, after my meltdown, I decided to knit and watch a movie to calm me down forgetting of course that prayer and meditation on God's Word would be a MUCH better alternative. I spent 2 hours with Julia Roberts and Hugh Grant in Nottinghill. Can I just say how much I LOVE that Ronan Keating song, "When You Say Nothing". Have you heard it?
I felt better and thought Miss Crankypants had taken her leave but nope... she came back again at dinner as I was making a mess of our meal. I'm so glad my hubby is patient and has a stomach of steel! Let's just say... too much lemon on the fish. That's all I'm going to say about THAT!
So... that was my day in a nutshell. Laundry/meltdown, movie/knitting, dinner prep/meltdown. Now I wonder what tonight will bring??? Let's just say that quality time with God will be part of it for sure!


7 comments:
Oh Sue....
I feel ya girl! I soooooo have days like that and they just bring out the worst in ya don't they?
Good for you to make quiet time a priority - God will renew your sould.
...and....tomorrow is a new day! Yay!
Hope Mrs. Crankypants goes on vacation. =)
I'm sorry that you had such a crappy day! I hate those days. You just want to go to bed early and get it overwith to get onto the next day!
Go get some chocolate and everything will feel better:)
Sounds like a nice cool glass of wine might be in order too ;-) Sorry you had such a sucky day. Hope tomorrow is better.
xxxx
I was thinking about you all day. Wanna know why? I had my cranky pants on today! And I had no idea you had yours on, too 'til now! We must be twins....
But at least you took time to knit and watch a movie...good for you! I wish I was better at taking breaks when I need to. :)
Sorry to hear of your frustrating day. Miss Crankypants visits me quite often as well.
Yes, I know of a great craft show, I will see if I can email you.
HI Sue, that's really odd about the shorts. I guess you can't return them you bought them in the US? while on VAC.
Perhaps send them to your sister and have her return them for you.
I would not want to keep something that was so defective.
That really sounds crazy, never had that happen. I'm waiting for the 22 to watch a new series called the Good Wife.
Sorry about dinner. I have days like that too, wonder why you got out of bed don't you? have a better day and weekend. big hugs
Post a Comment