
over at Linda's blog. I loved her questions so I thought "Hey... that would be fun for tomorrow/today's post" so... here we go...
1. What is something that you have changed your mind about either recently or over a number of years? What haven't I? It is a woman's prerogative to change her mind, right? Anyhoo... I would have to say that probably the thing I change my mind MOST about in the past number of years is whether to sell our townhouse and move or not. Can't seem to weigh the pros & cons enough to actually make a decision.
2. Choose either subject, but does your a) church b) job feel more like a dental chair experience or an easy chair (recliner) experience? This one is easy... when I worked my job felt like a dental chair experience... most jobs where I'm tied down 9-5 feel that way to me. To be honest, sometimes church feels like an easy chair (warm, relaxing, enjoyable) and other times it feels like a dental chair (scary, painful, expensive). Overall though, church is more easy than dental! And may I just add... I HATE going to the dentist. Brings up way too many childhood traumas!
3. Kisses or hugs? I actually typed "huts," which might have been a more interesting question. Depends on who we're talking about on the giving/receiving end of things. From hubby... kisses AND hugs... the more the merrier! From family and friends, best to keep it to hugs. I'm a HUGE hugger so beware if you meet me in person... you may feel like you're being entrapped by a boa constrictor! Squeeze!
4. What do you think is the biggest threat to families today? Whoa... the BIGGEST threat? Hmm... probably leaving God out of the home and individual lives. I don't think we fully grasp the spiritual protection the Holy Spirit brings to our homes and when we push God out, we leave the doors open for satan to reign supreme in individual lives and families.
5. A day after you grocery shop, you open a perishable item that is horribly spoiled. Do you take your receipt back to the store to be reimbursed or just throw it away and forget about it? This was a good question. I have done both so it depends on a couple of factors... how much did I spend for the item? If it's not a lot then is it worth the money to go back? This is really something that I decide on a case-by-case instance, but fortunately it doesn't happen often.
6. What personality trait (feel free to address good or bad or both) do you notice yourself adopting from your parents? Another goodie... From my Mom I think I gained her gift of hospitality; Sometimes I "hear" her laugh in my own (which freaks me out since she's been dead for almost 6 years); Unfortunately, I gained her housekeeping skills (or lack thereof) and her "low maintenance" beauty regime (which I guess can be good or bad). From my Dad I gained a lot of my physical appearance... particularly my blue eyes; I can be a worrier like my Dad and Grandma and I can be a little critical (which both Dad & I have improved on greatly in the recent past!). I guess that's enough dirty laundry for that question!
7. How many slices of bread do you leave in the bottom of the bag when you throw it away? Two? Three? Just the heel? None? (I really want to know if you eat the heel.) Oooh such a wasteful question! I regret to say that I tend to leave one or both "heels" in the bottom of the bag & sometimes, depending on how long the bread has been in the fridge, a few more pieces. With only two in our household (and me being the one mostly eating the bread) we tend to be a little more wasteful than I care to admit (yet I am admitting it - strange how these Memes act like a confessional).
8. What mispronunciation or usage error really irritates you? Oh my... this one is an easy one. Supposibly instead of "supposedly"makes me crazy. My grandparents were sticklers for grammar and drilled it into our heads as children so I tend to go a little crazy when words are used incorrectly. I dare not say anymore for fear of offending some friends with other examples.
9. In honor of the uniqueness of today's date, what does the numeral 9 mean to you? (Any special life moments attached to the 9th? Are you the 9th kid in your family? Can you count by 9s really fast? etc.) Um... I passed Grade 9... oh wait... I passed MOST of Grade 9... Um.... nope... 9 doesn't hold any huge significance! Oh well.
10. Does the general color palette in your closet match the colors you chose to decorate your home with? Is yes and no an answer? Yes in that I like pastels and lighter colors so pinks, green, blues... but no in that a lot of my wardrobe is white and I don't think I have a single white wall or decoration in my home.
11. When you're hanging out with friends in the kitchen, do you automatically ask to help, or do you sit there and chat until the host asks if you'd like to help? I'm not implying that the 2nd choice stems from rudeness or laziness, just not a first-response like it is for some people. Oh no... here comes that confessional again... I "offer" to help in the kitchen, but not being someone who LOVES working in the kitchen, I secretly hope they don't need help and am content to just sit and chat and watch.
12. Let's end on a pleasant note: What do you enjoy about September the most? Hmm... I think I love how the leaves start to change and that crispness starts in the air while the days still hold onto the sun's warmth. It's time to pull out the sweaters but a t-shirt is still feasible some days. I love that fresh apples are readily available at the local orchards. I love that the kids are back in school so grocery shopping in the daytime is quiet again (Did I say that outloud?) And I think what I like most is that it feels like a "new year" in that those January New Year's resolutions can be revisited and put into check to see where I've fallen off the bandwagon and need to work on... a fresh start again if you will.
If you want to play along, click on the Meme button above! It's fun!


7 comments:
LOL!!! Meme's definitely DO act as a confessional! I am always admitting to something in the name of "meme"... sheeesh!
I would be sO sad if my church was a dental chair experience... I'm so glad I'm in the church I am! I have dental chair MOMENTS there... but the overall experience is VERY comfy cozy!
Hi Sue! Enjoyed reading all your answers. I used to teach my classes the "secret of 9's" in multiplication. The product of any multiple of 9 equals 9 and you drop down one number from the number you are multiplying by. So, for example 9x3 =27. You drop down one number from 3 which is 2 and then what number added to 2 equals 9? 7. Works for all the multiples of 9. :) Easier to do on a blackboard than explain in words. ;) (((Hugz)))
OMG, let me get the magnifying glass out.... how small is that font! And the green on black is making it very hard for my VERY old eyes to get it in focus! I'll be back later, just reading to Kristen before bedtime ;-)
xxx
What a fun post! Cute spot you have here!
Loved your #6 answer and #12. So glad you played along. These were thoughtful answers.
Hi Sue! No results from the salad, it seems. Guess I'll have to seek out other old wives tales. (((Hugz)))
Thanks for stopping by my blog! I'll tell you that you hit the nail on the head with the threat to our homes and families question. When we don't have God the rest of it, well ALL of it, will take a tole on us from deep within.
I love the part about hearing your mom. My mom died in '83 and sometimes I "hear" her when my daughter speaks. :-)
Chel
Post a Comment