Sunday, September 6, 2009

Saturday Night (or Sunday morning) Movie Review

Okay, so technically it's Sunday morning but since I haven't gone to bed yet let's consider it still Saturday night, shall we?

Hubby and I went to the movies tonight after a leisurely Saturday at home, I cleaning the kitchen and doing yet another load of laundry (sheets & towels), while hubby cleaned his corner of our room and part of the closet. Ahh to have a domesticated hubby! Bliss!!

We had intended to go to a late afternoon matinee, but hubby got sidetracked at the pool this aft while I revamped my blog for early September. If you find it hard to read, bare with me for a week or so and I'll change the background again to something a little less... um... intense on the eyes.

Hubby felt terrible that he got home too late for us to make the 4:50pm movie, so he offered a peace-offering of sorts. Instead of me making nachos for dinner, he took me out for dinner and we went to an early evening movie instead. I could forgive him for being late in that case!

We went to see Sandra Bullock's new movie, "All About Steve". Once again the critics poo-poo it and I love it. Guess my dream of becoming a movie critic won't become a reality huh? Oh well! I loved the movie, but then again I could watch Sandra Bullock read the phone book and be just as entertained. Her character is a crossword puzzle creator and her love of words and trivia of all sorts makes her a rather quirky individual. She's set up on a blind date with a total hunk (Bradley Cooper) and she becomes a well... to put it bluntly... a stalker, but not because of evil intent at all... you have to see it to understand what I'm talking about. Long story short, the movie was really sweet and had a really great moral at the end of it. I thoroughly enjoyed it and found the writing to be very quick-witted and brilliant in some spots, especially the way Sandra's character's mind worked. My official rating... I'd give it two thumbs up!

4 comments:

Denise said...

Well I tried to download Shopaholic last night but Amazon on demand didn't have it. So I got Night at the Museum instead and J watched it with me. I'll order Shopaholic from Blockbuster for next weekend.
Love the back to school look in here, it's cute.
xxxx

Amy, a redeemed sheep said...

I like the new look! It doesn't hurt my eyes at all. :-D

Country Mouse, City Mouse said...

I like your back to school look!

Your evening out sounds great, enjoy this gorgeous Sept weather.

Abby said...

I'm glad to hear your review! I love Sandra! I couldn't tell if that would be a good movie or not, but it sounds like I'll need to drag J to the theater to see it! :)