
Love Happens, with Jennifer Aniston and Aaron Eckhart.
If you're looking for a clean, heart-warming and inspiring story, this movie may be just what you're looking for. Not your average romantic comedy, this story of love lost and new beginnings takes you on a journey of healing and taking chances.
Aaron Eckhart's character is a motivational speaker, back in his former hometown of Seattle, leading a seminar based on his best-selling book, A-OK. As he leads his audience through their grief, he is faced with his own grief when he meets Eloise, (Jennifer Aniston), a local florist who has her own battle wounds, particularly from poor relationship choices.
I won't tell you much more than that, but it was a really good movie, maybe a little slow in some places, but overall we enjoyed it. If I'm perfectly honest though... you can probably wait to see it on DVD. It isn't a movie that "needs" to be seen on the big screen. I will also add, if you are recently grieving a loss, be forewarned, it may be difficult to watch, but it will also be worthwhile as well. That's all I'm going to say and I hope I didn't say too much.
____________
Now on to a few other things... the car caper continues. We were back at the auto mall today where we test drove a Mazda Tribute demo for sale (too much for our budget), a used 2009 Ford Escape and a new 2009 Hyundai Santa Fe... well actually, the Santa Fe was a demo too but if we go with a Santa Fe we'd be buying new. Just to be clear. Not that you need me to be.
Anyhoo... can I just reiterate what I've said MANY times before... I hate car shopping! It is so stressful as I sit quietly while hubby and the car guy crunch numbers. I hate numbers. That's why I failed math in high school. Just give me the bottom line... are we buying THIS one... or THAT one! That's really all I need to know.
We were gone for 4 hours - yikes - and then once home, I tried to work on my assignment. Honest. I really did. My brain was having none of it though. So, what does a woman do? Takes a nap! Yep... I crawled into my cozy bed this afternoon and slept for about 90 minutes or so. Ahhhh! I felt so much better. Not at first mind you. I was a little groggy for a good 30 minutes after that but now I feel refreshed and ready to ... blog.
Hubby and I as you know, went to the movies but before we left I realized that my cell phone was not in the pocket of my purse where it should be. I think I lost it somewhere along the road today. It is either sitting inside one of the cars we test drove today... or in one of the showrooms... or somewhere along the road between the Honda dealership where we parked and the Ford dealership where we ended our expedition today. (Get it... Ford Expedition... I kill myself!) I'll have to retrace my steps tomorrow (or Monday) and see if I can find it. Of course it's not on so I can't call myself. Darn it all. I really liked this cell phone too. I'll pray about it tonight and ask God to guide me to where it is. Hopefully someone honest found it and took it to the dealer where it was lost.
That's about it for my "exciting" Saturday. What did you do today?
Now on to a few other things... the car caper continues. We were back at the auto mall today where we test drove a Mazda Tribute demo for sale (too much for our budget), a used 2009 Ford Escape and a new 2009 Hyundai Santa Fe... well actually, the Santa Fe was a demo too but if we go with a Santa Fe we'd be buying new. Just to be clear. Not that you need me to be.
Anyhoo... can I just reiterate what I've said MANY times before... I hate car shopping! It is so stressful as I sit quietly while hubby and the car guy crunch numbers. I hate numbers. That's why I failed math in high school. Just give me the bottom line... are we buying THIS one... or THAT one! That's really all I need to know.
We were gone for 4 hours - yikes - and then once home, I tried to work on my assignment. Honest. I really did. My brain was having none of it though. So, what does a woman do? Takes a nap! Yep... I crawled into my cozy bed this afternoon and slept for about 90 minutes or so. Ahhhh! I felt so much better. Not at first mind you. I was a little groggy for a good 30 minutes after that but now I feel refreshed and ready to ... blog.
Hubby and I as you know, went to the movies but before we left I realized that my cell phone was not in the pocket of my purse where it should be. I think I lost it somewhere along the road today. It is either sitting inside one of the cars we test drove today... or in one of the showrooms... or somewhere along the road between the Honda dealership where we parked and the Ford dealership where we ended our expedition today. (Get it... Ford Expedition... I kill myself!) I'll have to retrace my steps tomorrow (or Monday) and see if I can find it. Of course it's not on so I can't call myself. Darn it all. I really liked this cell phone too. I'll pray about it tonight and ask God to guide me to where it is. Hopefully someone honest found it and took it to the dealer where it was lost.
That's about it for my "exciting" Saturday. What did you do today?


6 comments:
LOL! I hope you find your cellphone. I hate losing things - esp things you actually like ;)
I think I will wait to see Love Happens on DVD (I'm cheap like that). The trailers looked like they revealed pretty much all that happened in the movie, and I never like that!
Good luck finding the right car-- and the cellphone!
Hiya Sue, I will try to rent the DVD when it comes out here. Nice pool, I love leaf colors :) Good luck in finding your cell phone, fingers crossed. Happy evening and Fall! Ciao!
Oh, I hope you find your cell phone or a good citizen tracks you down with it!
I think I'd like to see that movie too. I will take your advice and wait till its on DVD. I watched Confessions of a Shopaholic yesterday, which isn't a newer movie but i hadn't seen it. Very cute! Have you seen it? Hubby was at the men's retreat and I had book club early in the day and came home and watched two movies. The other was Revoluntionary Road, which was AWFUL! Language was terrible, and it is graphic. I had NO idea what I was getting into.
Thanks for the reviews. I really appreciate them.
Thanks for the movie review. I thought that movie looked pretty good, but it's just hard to not know whether the movie will actually be good or if they put all the good clips in the previews:)
Sorry to hear you are back into the whole car shopping thing. I HATE car shopping (which is crazy since I love shopping so much!)
You poor thing! I hope you find your cell phone! I would absolutely be freaking out if I were you. I can't go outside my house without my phone...maybe I have a problem:) ha!
Hi Sue! I also read your Survivor post. That Russell is a disgusting pig and actually makes me long for The Coach! LOL!
I hate car shopping, too, but we found that if you don't use them for financing or a trade in and can just get a bottom line price, it's much easier to figure out.
No baby news yet. :)
(((Hugz)))
Hi Sue! I want to see that movie! I'm the same way with car shopping- just give me the bottom line! Wishing you a great Monday! ((BIG HUGS))
Post a Comment