Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Reality TV and Random Dozen

Big Brother ended just as I had hoped... with Jordan beating out Kevin in the final HOH and able to choose who she wanted to sit next to and let me tell you, that "ditzy" little blond wasn't so "ditzy" after all. She answered the tiebreaker question within 1 point to win and then made a $500K decision by evicting Kevin and taking Natalie to the final 2. Good girl Jordan!

I just have to ask before I go on though... WHAT was Julie Chen wearing? I know she is "great with child" but really? A big blue TENT? I was waiting to see picnic tables set up around her and a fishing boat. Her stylist really needs some help I think. What do you think?


I digress! Most of the 2 hour finale was filler as usual, but entertaining none the less. Once Jordon evicted Kevin and hubby and I did a victory dance, the jury asked their questions to rambling answers by both contestants. It always amazes us that at this point the contestants' pride seems to kick into high gear as they sing the old Sinatra lyrics, "I did it my way". Anyhoo... getting down to the real business of the evening, after the houseguests inserted their keys with the houseguest they choose to win, Julie first pulled out "America's vote" which I voted for about 20+ times for Jordan to win, and surprise... it was for Jordan. Poor Natalie. All her talking to "America" on camera was for naught! The next two votes were for Jordan (which was a shock that Jesse didn't vote for Natalie considering she kept yapping about her loyalty to him in her answers to the jury) and then Russell surprisingly voted for Natalie. The next key was Jeff's (Jordan's shomance partner) and of course it was for Jordan and sealed her in for the win! The final vote was 5-2 for Jordan and she was crowned winner of BB 11. YAY!!! At the end of the night, it was time for Julie to award America's Choice for the $25K prize and surprise... Jeff, the hottie, won! The night was complete... with Jeff and Jordan coming out as the stars of the season, just as hubby & I had hoped! Ahhh... all is right in our reality tv world tonight!

Okay... enough of THAT. Time for this week's Random Dozen.



1. Which is worse: a long, boring meeting or standing in a return/exchange line after Christmas? I would have to say, a long boring meeting is worse for me. Standing in a line I can handle because I will usually chat it up with the people around me (whether they want to or not) so I can easily amuse myself. In a long, boring meeting I have to keep quiet and I tend to fall asleep which can be VERY embarrassing!

2. Except for maybe Rosie O'Donnell or Ann Coulter, nobody likes confrontation, yet we all have to deal with it. When you feel cornered and defensive, do you "bite back" or become passive aggressive? I think it really depends. Sometimes I can fight back and get into it but that is probably more rare. I will more often become passive aggressive and go home and lick my wounds (and rant to hubby about the situation).

3. Do you know anything about your genealogical background? (What country, culture, ties to prominent historical figures, or other stuff.) My genealogical background is very British. My paternal side came from northern Scotland, apparently in the way distance something about sheep stealers or wine smugglers - lol. My Dad's parents came to Canada from Scotland in the early 1900's so my Dad & his sisters are first generation Canadian. On my Mom's side, I think my maternal grandma's family was English/Scottish as well (McIntyre was Grandma's maiden name) and my maternal grandfather was adopted and I believe of British origin as well. His birth mother or aunt was a well-known opera star of her day, not that I remember her name now.


4. What is the quickest way a person can endear him/herself to you? Chocolate?! Um... seriously, I think the real answer is to be real, be kind, genuine.

5. Cake, pie, cookies, or ice cream? (Note there is no "all of the above" option. You must choose one. Feel free to elaborate on flavor or memories tied to this dessert.) If you'd like, you can share a recipe, but you certainly don't have to. Do "crack brownies" count as cookies? You can find the recipe at this post HERE

6. Females: Do you regularly change your handbag to coordinate with your outfit? Not unless it's a special occasion and I need my cute little black handbag.

7. Are you task-oriented or relationship-oriented? TOTALLY relationship-oriented! You can tell by looking at my house ;-)

8. IHOP, Bob Evans or Cracker Barrel? We don't have any of those where I live so I'll say Cracker Barrel... but only because I LOVE looking in the little store attached!

9. Have you ever left a movie in progress in a theater? Why? Hubby and I have walked out a couple of times. The last one was a John Cusack movie (forget the name) and we left because the first 5-10 minutes was him in a strip joint and it felt so dirty and disgusting that we couldn't sit any longer and wait for it to get better. We got our money back!

10. What is one area of life in which you would like to develop more discipline or organization? My spiritual life would be the area I would love to develop more discipline... in particular my prayer life. I feel so ADD that I can't sit for a long time praying without my mind wandering off in a 100 different directions.

11. Was middle school fun or painful? Middle school fun... high school painful!

12. What is your favorite Fall beverage? I know I should say apple cider or something festive, but my favorite Fall beverage is the same as every other season... Diet Coke, wine or vanilla black tea! Oh... was I to pick only one?


So there you have it... these weeks' Random Dozen. Wanna play too? Head on over to Linda's to pick up the Meme questions and sign!

15 comments:

Joyce said...

Hi...hopped over from Linda's...will definitely be trying the crack brownies. They sound awesome!

Have a great day!

Kat said...

Good morning Sue, I don't watch Reality TV, well really hardly any TV at all. I am not into TV much. But love movies. I love that big blue dress, but I can't see her that well. Maybe she felt fat that day! LOL! ha ha ha. Well that's a given. Have a great day sweets. hugs

Kat said...

I hope you got my message it does not show up here and normally it goes right through. Hugs again!

Genny said...

Fun! #12 for me...one of the gingerbread of cinammon latte coffee drinks at Starbucks.

Elizabeth said...

Hello Sue, this is such a fun moment with all the shows starting again & much more. I love your answers to the random dozen. Have a terrific week, hugs

Sarah Wylie said...

Sue, I regret to inform you that Julie Chen was, in fact, wearing a Snuggie...cut off at the knees. I heard this from trustworthy sources (that would be someone on Twitter). Really, though, is it not TRUE? I was mortified.

Moving on, YAY JORDAN!!! WHOOHOO! I was particularly insulted when (I think it was last week) Kevin and Natalie were talking about playing the POV and Nat said, "You're up against Michelle and Jordan. That's only one and a half people." (A paraphrase).
If Natalie is reading this, I'd like to point out that that "half a person" is a half a million dollars richer than her.
I was so disturbed by that statement - of everything that happened this season.

Anyway, rant over;) What reality show shall we be mutually invested in next? I've never really been into Survivor and you're probably too sensible to be into Top Model? (If you're not, you should totally watch!)

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

Great, great answers!

#3 is very interesting.

I was going to say that about the Cracker Barrel store, but I didn't. I just waited for you to, apparently!

Glad you joined in this week!

Darylynn said...

Hi Sue! No one can believe that I've never watched a Big Brother. Everyone says I'd like it. I think I like the locales of places like Survivor, amazing Race and just being stuck in a house didn't appeal to me. Anyway, Survivor starts tomorrow night and I'm looking forward to Samoa! I always enjoy reading your answers to that meme. (((Hugz)))

Abby said...

I also voted for Jeff to get the 25K and Jordan to win! I was soo happy. She made a good decision by keeping Natalie in the final two. I really don't think she would have won over Kevin.

I'm sad that the season is over:( Now on to America's Next Top Model, Biggest Loser, and Amazing Race:)

Abby said...

oh yeah...and the blue tent dress? It looked just like a Snuggie!!! What was she thinking???

Susanne said...

Those crack brownies sound delicious!

Kat said...

Good morning Sue have a wonderful new day! big hugs

Tracey said...

Hi Sue! The dress - no, the color of the dress - yes! That is definitely her color. I can't wait for Survivor tonight!! ((BIG HUGS))

blessedmomof3 said...

Hi Sue!

I get such a kick out of your reality tv posts. They don't show the Aussie Big Brother here anymore. It got axed a few years ago. They kind of went over the line with too many inapropriate things.

Boy those crack brownies sound yummy. I can't get Kraft caramels here, so would have to get different ones. I don't really like the ones they sell here - slightly different flavor that I don't care for. But they might be ok in a cookie.

Thanks for all your sweet comments you left that I posted about my folks leaving. I appreciate it!

Hugs,
Andrea

Tammy said...

I just never know what to say to your reality posts since I don't watch any of those shows. But I love ya anyway ;) xo