September represents fresh beginnings ~ the start of a new school year, the beginning of a new season (Fall) and the kickoff of a new t.v. season. It also represents the close of the summer's reality t.v. staple, Big Brother. Tonight is the finale and although the final three are so-so in my opinion, it should be an interesting show.
First you have Kevin, the amusing, homosexual graphic designer from CA. His little phrases are funny and he has grown on me in weeks past, despite the people he chose to align himself with. I'd be okay with him winning the $500K. Next you have Jordon, the naive, kinda ditsy blond from Charlotte, NC. She and her "BFF" in the house, Jeff made the season for hubby and me. They were SO cute and she is my vote for winning the whole thing, if she indeed makes it to the final 2. Then there is Natalie, the 24 yr old, tai kwan do champion who was the biggest liar in the house. I nicknamed her the "pit bull" because although she made no big plays in the entire house gamewise, she sure was scrappy with everyone and really came across to hubby & I as a despicable individual, lying her way through every situation... and not even good, strategic lies mind you. Kevin and Jordon will start the finale with the final HOH (head of household) competition which will decide who is actually in the final 2. America got to vote this year as the 7th jury member since one of the houseguests got evicted by production for breaking the rules. The second hour of tonight's finale I hear is a group catch-up like they do on the Survivor finale.
As Darylynn reminded me in my last post's comments, Survivor starts this Thursday and I'm looking forward to another season of one of our favorite reality shows. I'm sure Amazing Race won't be far behind and then DWTS starts next week too. My PVR/DVR will be full in no time I bet! Now to just balance all this reality t.v. with real life and keep my perspective on things. That will be my "challenge".
Speaking of real life, sad news came across the airwaves in the last 12-24 hours. Patrick Swayze lost his fight with pancreatic cancer. Very sad news. What a strong fight he gave but unfortunately, that evil disease took another life. R.I.P. Patrick and may God's peace and comfort be upon your widow, Lisa. They were married 34 years ... unheard of in Hollywood.
We had another "death" so to speak in our house this week... hubby's car. Remember on Saturday when we were hoping to make it to the dealership safely? Well, they called yesterday and the trouble was the car's transmission. Ouch! Needless to say, our terminally ill car sits in the driveway while we await the financing to go purchase another one.
I'm stranded at home this week and John Travolta singing "stranded at the drive-in..." keeps running through my head. It's been 6 years since I've been home without a car and I have to admit... it feels rather isolating. Hopefully it will be a short wait until I'm back behind the wheel. God sure is good though... we could have been stranded on the highway last weekend with that trouble brewing under the hood of the car. Phew. Thank you Jesus!
Well, better get started on my assignment. I'm horribly behind yet again.


7 comments:
It's amazing how much I accomplish when I don't go out. Perhaps not having a car for a day or so will help you get your 'to do list' done ;-)
Have a good day sweetie. Kristen is home today... sore throat, I'm hoping it might just be irritated with allergies, she seems ok otherwise.
Hi Sue! I'm so glad I saw this post cause I didn't realize Survivor starts Thursday! I was so sad to hear of Patrick's passing. I loved him in Dirty Dancing!! Hope you get your car fixed soon! ((BIG HUGS))
PERFECT commentary on Big Brother. I am so proud.
I just recently "got to know" Patrick Swayze since I only saw Dirty Dancing last year, but I am so sad at his passing.
Hope everything works out with your car!
I heart Patrick! Nobody puts baby in a corner! Oh how sad that he is gone. Dirty Dancing is my favorite movie of all time. I need to have a showing just as soon as I get home from vacation.
(yes another vacation for me :))
Hi Sue! Too bad the car didn't die a little while back when the cash for clunkers was going on. Hope you find a nice replacement soon. Patrick Swayze was just one year behind Jeff and I in their marriage. Yes, only a few Hollywood couple make it that long. Jeff's aunt died of pancreatic cancer last year. It's a dreadful disease!
I guess you saw on FB that Jess had her doctor appt today and he said he thinks he'll see her for her NEXT appointment in a week. She's NOT a happy camper! ;) (((Hugz)))
I'm watching Biggest Loser right now. I need the motivation!
That is the exact way I felt about each of the finalists on Big Brother!
That stinks about your car...at least now you can hold out for a sunroof and heated seats:) haha:)
Post a Comment