Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Random Dozen Day!

It's a chilly 45 degrees out this morning and I have an aching back BUT today is a great day!  Not only is it Random Dozen day over at Linda's 2nd Cup of Coffee blog which I now look forward to almost as much as my Wednesday fix of Glee, but today is also D-day.  Delivery Day!  Tonight after dinner, hubby and I go and pick up our new wheels at the dealership.  Can I just say how excited I am?!  I have been housebound for over 2 weeks and I am ready to burst out and see the world... or at least the neighborhood grocery store.  I'll try and remember to take the camera tonight and maybe we'll have some "action shots" for the blog tomorrow.

Not much else to say today so unless I have some brilliant thing I just need to share with you, let's get on to the meme.









1. Tell me the absolute best way to watch a movie.  Popcorn must be involved.  Diet Coke.  Milk Duds if possible.  Large screen t.v. or movie theater screen (preferred).  Hubby's hand tightly intertwined in mine.
 
2. Do you ever think about your own funeral? If so, do you have specific ideas about how you would like it to be?  Being in my mid-40's and both hubby and I losing a parent early, I do in fact think about my funeral.  I don't have any huge plans (unlike one of my nephews who thinks he'd like to have a scavenger hunt for his estate at his own funeral - brilliant idea btw!) I do know that one hymn I would like played at my funeral is "How Great Thou Art" and perhaps Mercy Me's song "I Can Only Imagine".  

3. Are you more of a giver or a taker?  If I'm totally honest, which you know I will be, as a baby in the family, I think I am probably more a taker than a giver.  That being said though, I in some ways am a huge giver as well and recognizing that everything I have is ultimately God's, I don't have a huge problem giving things/money etc away to others in need.  So... short answer... both!

4. Vacations: planned activities and schedules, or play it by ear?  I like to plan my vacations as in where we're going, where we're staying but once we're there it's pretty much play it by ear.  It truly depends on where we vacation.  If it's near the beach then we play it by ear because we both enjoy the sand and surf.  If we're in a city, we like to explore our surroundings but again I guess it's a pretty easy-going schedule and what we get to see we see and we don't sweat it about keeping a schedule.  (Man... why can't I just answer the question already!)


5. What is one often overlooked item in your home that needs to be cleaned regularly?  I think the furnace.  We are really lax in getting it cleaned and changing the filter.  So much so that we have had to sign up for a regular scheduled maintenance plan as the furnace has gotten older.  

6. Name a cause that means a lot to you.  I feel horrible but I can't honestly think of a cause that means a lot to me.  I mean, some are somewhat important (Alzheimer's/Cancer) but not enough for me to actually get out there and make a difference.  Hmmm... need to look into myself and ask Why?

7. Do you eat a regular old peanut butter jelly sandwich, or do you customize it? And by the way, jelly or no jelly?   I do enjoy PB&J but also enjoy PB & honey too.  Nothing gourmet mind you... just plain, simple and FAST!

8. If we were having a conversation in person, how would I know if you were nervous?  I would be very quiet and shy... or I'd say really stupid things trying to be funny.


9. Do you have an elaborate bedtime routine, or just the basics of tooth brushing and jammies?  Just the basics!

10. Have you ever regretted something you wrote on your blog?  Um... more than likely but I can't think of a "for instance" just now.


11. Has anyone ever told you that you look like a famous person or celebrity? Did you agree?  I have had people tell me I look like Kate Bundy (I'm assuming they meant Katie Segal who played Kate Bundy... although some days I can be found lounging on the sofa eating bon bons!).  Do I agree?  Unfortunately, sometimes I can see similar features in her which kind of freaks me out... not that she's completely unattractive but somehow you'd like to be told you look like Halle Berry or Nicole Kidman more than Katie Segal.  

12. If you were going to dedicate a song to a loved one or friend, what would the song be and to whom would it be dedicated?  I would dedicate to my hubby "our song" which is Celine Dion's "The Color of My Love".  We didn't have a dance at our wedding but this was "our song" that we would have danced to had we had one.  In fact we did sort of have a dance.  The night of our wedding instead of staying in a hotel before our early morning flight, we chose to stay our first night together in our townhouse.  I had been living there for awhile but hubby had never stayed the night.  Friends in our wedding party dropped us off (along with our gifts) and the 6 of us had a mini dance in our living room before we whooshed them out and let the honeymoon begin!  If you've never heard the song, here it is:




If you want to participate in Random Dozen, head over to Linda's blog and get your questions HERE

8 comments:

Country Mouse, City Mouse said...

Hi Sue!

Enjoy that new car tonight. How exciting!!

Talking about furnaces, we just called yesterday to replace ours this fall. Boy, I kind of wish we had it on these last couple of days.

Kat said...

Good morning Sue, I loved your Meme. I love Celine Dion. OH boy the car day go have fun! can't wait to see photos of your new car! how exciting for you. Have a great day!

Denise said...

Loved reading your answers sweetie, I might have to do this on my blog as I haven't much to write about this week.
I love that song, LOVE anything Celine Dion;) Did you ever see her Vegas act? Jason got the dvd out for me a while back, it was awesome.
About your living room in the post below... where exactly is the tv? i can't see it!
xxxx

Genny said...

Milk Duds...definitely.

And I love that song by Mercy Me.

I have to tell you too, whenever I click to comment and see how it says __ friends sat down for a glass, I smile. I think that is just the sweetest thing!

Sarah Wylie said...

Ooh, how exciting! You must put up pictures of your hot new ride!

"I can only imagine" is one of my favorite songs of all time. It's so beautiful.

Darylynn said...

Excellent answers to the meme, Sue! Funny about the funeral scavenger hunt! Congratulations on the new car and have fun riding around in it tonight. If you lived in LA, you would take the obligatory ride up the coast to Santa Barbara for lunch. That's what everyone does here as soon as they get their new car. :) (((Hugz)))

Elizabeth said...

Hello Sue, congratulations on your new car, you must be so impatient to be tonight! I love your answers to the random dozen & your song is great. Enjoy your new car tonight & during the next few days. Hugs

Anonymous said...

Aren't these memes fun?! Love reading everyone's responses.