No news yet on how Krissy made out with her surgery. If Paul hasn't updated his blog in the next few hours I'll probably call my sister-in-law to check in and see how it went. No news is good news they say so I'll remain positive that all went well!
The car decision has been made... the bank draft handed over... and the licensing and insurance are underway on.... will I make them wait until it arrives??? No, I can't do that to my faithful friends and readers! But maybe I'll wait another paragraph or two... I know... such a tease!
Before the big reveal though... I'm interested to know which you think we picked. Not what you would pick, but let's see what you know of me and my hubby so far from reading the blog. Which do you think WE picked? I'll reveal the answer at the bottom of the post after the Memes. I really am drawing this out aren't I? (evil laugh)
On to the Memes...

1. Please share one middle school memory. It can be good, bad, ugly, funny. Pictures or words, I don't care, just share. Wow... middle school... do I even remember that far back? Oh yes... In Gr 6 or 7, The Donny and Marie Show was BIG! My friend, Heather, and I would run around the school yard singing "I'm a Little Bit Country; I'm a Little Bit Rock 'N Roll". She was Donny while I was Marie. Who knew that I'd actually be a little bit country when I grew up (both in my decorating style and music style).
2. What's your favorite Beatles song? We had an organ book at home with Beatles tunes and I LOVED playing and singing "When I'm 64".
3. If I asked you to describe your most comfortable outfit, what would it be? If I'm home, my most comfy outfit is sweats and a t-shirt. Outside the house - jeans and t-shirt. I'm a casual girl!
4. Would you rather host a party or be a guest? I like to host a party because a) I love to entertain and b) I'm sometimes shy (which is hard to believe if you actually know me well) and entertaining allows you to busy yourself away from the crowd if shyness kicks in and c) I'm a bit of a control freak.
5. Do you think we will move completely from traditional books to digital ones, and if we do, are you OK with that? This is a tough one. I don't think in the near future we'll be moving away from traditional books, but as we've seen in the magazine market, it's certainly heading that way in the future. I would be sad to see books gone. As much as I love my electronic entertainment, I find it hard to focus when reading on a machine like my laptop. I don't own a Kindle and not sure if I want one, although the convenience of having all your books in one place (and NOT in huge storage bins in my garage) seems kinda nice. I'll probably change my mind on that one soon ;-)
6. Do you learn best by reading, listening or experiencing? Depends on what it is but reading and experiencing are my best ways to learn. I hate to admit it... I'm a terrible listener.
7. If you are (or when you were) single, what is the kiss of death for you concerning the opposite sex? (That is, what is one trait or behavior or habit or anything at all that immediately turns you off from considering that person a potential match for you?) Arrogance! If a guy's ego is so big that there is no room for you in the car because of it... I was OUT! I didn't want to hear about how much money he had, or how successful he was, or how all the chicks clamor to be near him and oh how lucky I am to be dating him. I wanted my guy to be sweet, gentle, considerate and not a macho-man's man with an ego to boot.
8. Snacks. Salty or sweet? Both! Two favs - Milk Duds and S&V chips... although not together ;-) I actually have a terrible sweet tooth and like anything, salty or sweet, that's not good for me.
9. Look around you in a four foot radius. What object is around you that you didn't realize was there or forgot was there? How long has it been there? Hmmm... I don't know about this one. I don't think I have an answer. Darn it all!
10. What is your favorite Tom Cruise movie? Not a huge Tom fan, especially after he left Nicole Kidman. Guess it's because of Nicole that my favorite TC movie is "Far and Away". I like the story and the scenery... and I think I probably watch it more for her than him. I also like The Firm. I'm very much a pre-weirdo, Tom fan.
11. You buy a bottle of shampoo and discover that you don't like what it does to your hair at all. What do you do with that full bottle? It probably sits in my cupboard until I can't stand the clutter anymore and then I throw it out. Never thought to use it for anything else. Hmmm.
12. Your favorite Fall comfort food? (Last week it was beverage.) Cream of Potato Soup with toast croutons. Pumpkin Pie.
You can play along with Linda and her friends by clicking on the meme button above. It's fun! Now on to the Friday Fill-ins:
And...here we go!
1. One week ago I was getting over a cold and feeling very stuffed up and fuzzy in the head.
2. I couldn't wait to grow up when I was young. What was I thinking?
3. Mama told me not to pray for patience ~ God always answers that one. I did pray for patience and I did have to wait for A LOT of things in my life ~ some that came to be, others that didn't. But in hindsight... I'm glad I prayed for patience. I wouldn't be who I am today had it not been for sitting with God in the waiting room all that time.
4. We are created in God's image you and me.
5. Take your time and get to really know the people God places in your lives. Some will make you grow. Others will grow because of you. We're all in this together so let's help each other be the best we can be!
6. This world will pass! Are you ready to meet your Maker?
And now... drum roll please... the answer to the question on all of your enquiring minds... this... is... what... we... chose....
2009 Santa Fe ~ Khaki
I'll take pictures when we pick it up. We are having a sunroof installed so it may take a few days extra. I'll keep you posted on that! Sigh... now to get back to "normal" life!



4 comments:
Love your car!!! How cute! And i'm glad for you that you get a sunroof too! :) How does it feel to have a decision made? I'm sure good! No more car salesmen now:)
Ooh, I love your new ride! Very cool!
Have a great weekend :)
I'm so pleased that Kristin's stitch went well, and those cuties are safe and sound in their hidey hole now.
How exciting, the search is over and you'll soon have your new wheels. Great choice BTW. Oh and I love the smell of new cars, so bottle that so you can relive it later. I love the fact that a warm day brings back that brand new car smell in our car since ours was new last year. Don't you wish your new car in just the right shade and extras was somehow ready there and then! I don't do waiting very well. We had our windows tinted before we picked ours up, so had to wait longer. Hope you won't have to wait too long.
Have a great weekend sweetie.
Luv ya, xoxox
Hi sue! That car looks great!! Who makes it? I hope it goes well with the sunroof, I have heard that people have problems with their sun roofs when installed after factory. but I am really happy for you and I know it was such a prooooccceeesssss! LOL
((Love ya))
Kacy
Post a Comment