Yesterday, while C went to her regular volunteer "job" at the Raleigh Rescue Mission, hubby & I went and did a little shopping. You know, we do love to help the U.S. economy any way we can! Our first stop was the Lifeway bookstore where I found my next bible study book for my online study group, along with MORE books. And this is why we DRIVE to Raleigh... I could never get home my purchases if I flew!
After the bookstore, we made our way to Kohl's. We made out like bandits here with the amazing sales. I picked up 2 white sleeveless t-shirts for $6 each and hubby got some shirts and a pair of plaid shorts that turn me into Paris Hilton as I keep telling hubby that he looks "hot" in them. We also picked up some linens for the beach (bath towels, kitchen towels) and then we were off to Wal-mart to pick up some of the food stuff and lots of sunscreen. Aren't I being very optimistic!
After our shopping excursion, C, hubby & I head over to the pool in their community only to encounter thunder and we quickly had to leave. Bummer!
The evening was full of games: Mexican Dominoes and Taboo. It's amazing the things you find out from your niblings while playing a game like Taboo hee hee
While we were enjoying the weather in North Carolina home was getting a wild storm, including tornadoes, fortunately not anywhere near our house but about 40 minutes to the west of us and closer to where hubby works.
Today C, her friend P & I went to the pool for a little workout. The sky was overcast but the pool was warm. Afterwards, C & I enjoyed a delicious lunch at one of my favorite places "Sweet Tomato" and then did a little grocery shopping for the beach and then some shoe shopping for a new pair of sandals. My feet have been bothering me from wearing flip flops all around Boston and I needed something with a little more support.

My new sandals
Tonight I'm packing up and organizing what hubby & I need to take to the beach. We leave for Myrtle Beach in the morning for a week and then we'll be back to Raleigh for a few days. Hubby FINALLY finished his work at least what he was able/willing to do on his "vacation" so he can finally relax. Poor guy is beyond burnt out. I hope he can find the relaxation he needs while we're away.
So... with that all done, let's have fun with this week's Friday Fill-ins.
Here we go!
1. I remember, I remember to pack everything we need for the week.
2. Dear Hubby, I want you to know how much I love you!
3. Is that my MC balance!!???
4. I'm trying to resist the temptation of having another piece of the Stone Cold Creamery birthday cake hubby surprised me with tonight.
5. I'm saving a piece just for you! But you'd better hurry or it'll melt!
6. If I made a birthday list new speakers for my mp3 would definitely be on it!!! But unfortunately, I didn't give the list to hubby before he got my gift - oh well!
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to playing games, tomorrow my plans include packing up the car & heading to Myrtle Beach and Sunday, I want to walk along the ocean's shore and lie in the sun and RELAX with hubby!
Okay... now it's your turn!
So... with that all done, let's have fun with this week's Friday Fill-ins.
Here we go!
1. I remember, I remember to pack everything we need for the week.
2. Dear Hubby, I want you to know how much I love you!
3. Is that my MC balance!!???
4. I'm trying to resist the temptation of having another piece of the Stone Cold Creamery birthday cake hubby surprised me with tonight.
5. I'm saving a piece just for you! But you'd better hurry or it'll melt!
6. If I made a birthday list new speakers for my mp3 would definitely be on it!!! But unfortunately, I didn't give the list to hubby before he got my gift - oh well!
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to playing games, tomorrow my plans include packing up the car & heading to Myrtle Beach and Sunday, I want to walk along the ocean's shore and lie in the sun and RELAX with hubby!
Okay... now it's your turn!


3 comments:
Have fun, Sue! I hope your husband finally gets to relax and that your new shoes are more comfortable.
PS: You've made me hungry for cake!
Oooh nice shoes ;-) Sounds like you guys are having a blast. Can't wait to see more pics.
xxxxx
Love the sandals. I need some good walking sandals and those look prefect. Where did you find them?
Post a Comment