Thursday, July 2, 2009

Happy Birthday Sweet Hubby!

Life has been a blur since my last post. Little Miss "H" and I had errands to do Tuesday morning as we went to order balloons for Uncle "D"'s birthday today (July 2), get a card and his gift. Pepper's Mom (my sister) came to get him on Tuesday afternoon after she got stranded in Vancouver overnight. Hubby picked her up at the Toronto airport while I enjoyed cuddle time with my furry nephew before he had to leave. It was pouring rain Tuesday afternoon and poor Pep got drenched when my sister took him out to pee before hopping in the car for the 40 minute drive home (which in rush hour was probably double the time).


Wednesday was Canada Day (Canada's 142nd birthday) and we had a pretty lazy day around the Nest. BFF, Little Miss "H", hubby and I all hung out by the pool for awhile and then BFF, Hubby and Little Miss "H" went to the park after lunch while I took a deep breath and did some dinner prep. It was nice having a "day off" from babysitting even though Little Miss "H" had a few meltdowns with her Mommy. Gotta love a 2 yr old huh?

Today is my Sweet Hubby's birthday! For 6 weeks I'm married to an "older man" again!


This morning, Little Miss "H" and I went to pick up the balloons we ordered Tuesday and then head to the grocery store to pick up the cake... a chocolate fudge cake!


For dinner we had honey garlic spareribs done in the crock pot. My BFF told me how to make these and they were fall off the bone delicious, and I'm not a rib fan!


I also made a delicious salad of red/green leaf lettuce, strawberries, mandarin oranges and beer nuts (with Newman's own Oil and Vinegar salad dressing). I'll take a pic next time I make it. Next it was time for the cake, so I lit the candles and BFF, Little Miss "H" and I sang Happy Birthday to hubby.


As hubby prepared to blow out his candles, he asked Little Miss "H" to help.


Hubby and Little Miss "H" blowing out the candles

Hubby opened his gifts with the help of a little "topless" female (and not me or the BFF)

And there you have it... Hubby enjoyed his birthday, Little Miss "H" enjoyed helping me wrap Uncle D's gifts and helping him unwrap them and our celebration has come to an end! Thanks for sharing in Sweet Hubby's day with us!


8 comments:

Denise said...

awwwww, I miss you guys so much, wish we could have been there to celebrate with you all.
Love that cute pic of Pepper :-)
We've just been rearranging all the game room furniture tonight, I will have to take pics this weekend once we get it all done. As of now the tv still needs connecting, but first on Jason's agenda was to get me connected to the internet again. Now I'm just off to bed. ;-)

Mikki said...

Happy Birthday to him!!

Looks like a great birthday celebration!! How fun.

The cake looks YUMMY!!

Abby said...

It looks like D had a great bday! That cake looked Gooood! I think you spoiled Pepper because that pic looked like he was in the car on his way home and he looked depressed! I think you're gonna need one soon:)

Anonymous said...

Great pictures! D looked like he had a great birthday and that cake looks wonderful! I agree with Abby, looks like you spoiled Pepper and you're going to be wanting one of your own. ; )

Amy, a redeemed sheep said...

Awww....It looks like hubby had a super great birthday! He is blessed to have you as his wife. :o)

Kia said...

Ciao Sue, happy birthday to your husband! :) The pics are really sweet and that cake looks yummy! :D Have a happy weekend!

Goat Gal said...

Mmm how I love ribs. I am not very skilled at cooking them though. That cake looks divine!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Hubby!!! We're almost Birthday twins. Just off by a day.

That cake looks so yummy!!!!!