Since my last post, we joined D, Jason & Kiki Sunday morning for the service at their church which was really good. The new youth pastor spoke and he was amazing! After the service we went (along with Jason's Mom, Stacey) to Chuy's for some Mexican food. Tammy, I know you'd approve ;-) And then after the meal we hugged our wonderful hosts/friends and said our "Good-bye"s as we head down I-35 to our hotel. Here's some pics that "all y'alls" been waiting for...

Our wonderful hosts
The boys were checkin' out Denise's "Farm"
D, Kiki & Me at lunch SundayUpon arriving at our hotel we were met with the shock of busloads of Texan teenagers arriving for a couple of days to take part in a band competition. Whoa was it a little crazy around here! The kids were actually pretty well behaved and so it wasn't a huge issue - just a little shocking at first for this quiet couple from Canada ;-)
Monday was relaxing as I worked out in the morning while hubby was at work. After my workout I head out to the pool area with my book and sat in the sun until mid-afternoon. Figured I had enough sun so I came inside and did some catching up online before I head back outside to sit before hubby arrived home. We ended up going out for dinner with hubby's clients and then to their home for abit before they brought us back to the hotel in the evening.
This morning, after hubby left for work I went down for breakfast. Once I was done with that I got myself together and had the bellman drive me down the road to the outlet mall. I wandered from store to store for 4 hours (my dogs were barkin' man by the end) and that was only one side of the massive outlet mall. I found some amazing deals and even found two dresses, one of which I'll wear to a wedding we're attending a week Saturday.
Once back at the hotel I was back poolside where I chatted with a lovely lady from State College, Pennsylvania. Hubby came and found me at the pool when he returned from work and took me to a really neat little restaurant where we sat on the outdoor patio watching swimmers in the river below. After dinner we were back to the outlet mall where I found a really cute pair of pink capris at Izod for $15! I love a good deal! Thanks to hubby going back to the mall. Now I don't have to go back tomorrow to check out the other side. I don't think my feet could take it! Seriously... this outlet mall is MASSIVE!
So that's it... you're all caught up with what I've been up to! I'll try & take some pics around the hotel tomorrow. Wish I'd had my camera with me at dinner so you could see the river with all the swimmers and drifters (people drift down the river in tubes). It was cool!


8 comments:
You are really getting into it! y'all!!!
Sounds like a great day. I wish I was with you looking around the outlet mall. Sounds like some great deals to be found.
Have fun!!
sounds like you are having a great time! Thanks for sharing your trip with us. I wish I was on vacation!
God Bless,
Natalie
Wow! What fun! You are living the life of leisure right now and you won't want to come back home and do dishes and laundry! ha. Enjoy!
Awww, I love that first pic of us all, Kristen even has Pikachu in her ball, she will be pleased :-)
I have to say though, Kiki's eyes look rather strange in that last photo! They look a little swollen from allergies?
Wow, 4 hours around the outlet mall! I don't think I could have kept up, but I would have tried my best. I think I'll have to take my sis and bil there, I've never been either so a good days shopping might be fun.
I'm just off to bed now, but glad I dropped in to see your update. Hope to see more pics of you and Doug soon ;-)
HI Sue, wow sounds like you're having a great time. I think Texas has great places to shop and they do have very large malls there that' for sure. My dad when I would visit him in San Antonio would drop me and my daughter off at the mall and we would stay there all day there was so much to see and do. Your photos all turned out just wonderful enjoy the rest of your trip! big hugs
Hello Sue, what a great time you seem to have, the photos are great. The mall sounds awesome but huge, I hope you keep enjoy your trip in Texas, big hugs
Sounds like you're having a great time! How cool that you could spend time at the outlets. I don't think J would leave me in a hotel to go to work if he knew outlets were that close! :) haha!
I like your southern "accent". hehe! Will they let you back into Canada talking like that?? :)
I can't believe you took the "boys" with you. I laughed and laughed when I saw that picture.
Also, be careful with "y'all." If you use it 21 times it becomes a habit. :) We also don't believe in one syllable words in the south, so be careful - that little habit could follow you home too.
Post a Comment