We've arrived in Texas to beautiful sunshine and heat to warm our old Canadian bones. Hubby's quest through U.S. immigration for renewal of his work visa went smoother than last time. We were able to catch an earlier flight out of Toronto to Chicago O'Hare to meet up with our connecting flight to Austin. It was much less rushed that way as we had to move from one end of O'Hare to another. We even had time for some breakfast which gave us the energy and fuel for the entire day!
God has a sense of humor to be sure because as hubby went to the car rental desk at the airport to pick up our rental, the only car they had available for us was ... get this... a Rav-4. The very same vehicle we were test driving last weekend. Apparently we now get to have a "dry run" with the vehicle before we ever decide to get one (in the distant future!).
It was SO great to wrap my arms around Denise again as we arrived at their beautiful home around 4pm. We showered them with Canadian gifts (from the airport- lol) upon arrival and caught up while sitting on the balcony sitting area outside Denise's master bedroom.
I love that we never run out of things to talk about and we truly feel "home" when visiting Denise and her family. It's always sad to say good-bye but at least this time we were here for the night and so we had a long evening of dinner (delicious Texas ribs) and chatting. We even got to meet the good friends who live next door, one of which is a fellow Canadian!
Slept like a log and this morning Denise and I sat out on her new patio living room furniture while we sipped our morning beverages (tea for me and coffee for D) and chatted some more. Now I have to get off here and flat iron the mess on top of my head, called hair before we head off to church and my first "real" Mexican lunch. I've taken some pictures but I'm Denise's computer right now so I'll post them from the hotel later!
That's all for now... wish you were here yet? ;-) More to come so stay tuned...


12 comments:
Hi Sue!! I am so glad you made it in safe and sound and you are having a good time with Denise!! Yay!! Enjoy your visit. ((BIG HUGS))!!
I am heading there in August to visit my friends in McKinney, TX (outside of Dallas). You are so lucky to be somewhere warm!!
Well, gosh, I've missed out on a bit here, Sue! Here you are in Texas now. I've never been there before, when I lived back in the US. How long are you going to be there in the US! Have a wonderful vacation!!!
Andee
I'm so thrilled for you both to finally get the chance to see each other. Funny you know, I remember the last time and you say it was 2 years ago....that doesn't seem possible. I hope the rest of your visit is just as wonderful and I look forward to seeing your pics. Luv ya oxoxoxox
Your trip sounds great. I am so glad things went so smoothly.
Your visit with D sounds perfect. Enjoy!
Hi Sue!!
Glad you and Doug arrived safely. Sounds like you and Denise had a wonderful time together! :) I can't wait to see the pics.
Love and hugs
I miss you already sweetie :( You are the best friend ever! Love you and hope God continues to bless us with your visits. You and Doug truly are a blessing in our lives.
xxxxxx
I was in Austin just a couple months ago visiting my brother. Isn't it great? Safe travels!
I signed out now (I think) so hopefully it shows me as me posting?
Good thing D - people may think I'm talking to myself and leaving myself message of love - hee hee. Sorry I forgot to log off your computer ;-)
Missing you!
I'll be blogging shortly w/ pics (which I still need to send your way!)
I love that!!! Friendships are the BEST, aren't they?!? :)
I'm so thrilled that you are able to catch up with Denise and just enjoy each other's company!
Continue to cherish your time here in the US!!
Sending you HUGS!
Glad you have such a great time with Denise, how long is your stay in Texas? I hope you're having a wonderful trip & that you post photos soon, big hugs
Post a Comment