Merle Haggard's Tour Buses
Apparently, after his "gig" at Gruene Hall he came back to our hotel for the night before heading up towards Houston. I know... some of you are going, "Who?" and the others are going "Who cares!" Just thought I'd share that little tidbit of trivia ;-)
I've spent my morning by the pool on the 5th floor rooftop of our hotel... our hotel is much higher but the pool sits on a little 5 floor appendage of the hotel.
Hubby is off at work so I'm amusing myself in downtown San Antonio. Yesterday after we arrived in the afternoon, we walked about 8 blocks to El Mercado to check out the Market Place.
Sue in Tombstone hat at El MercadoEven the boys had fun in downtown as they had a little visit with "San Antonio de Padua" for whom the city is named San Antonio.
The Boys with San Antonio de Padua
After the market we walked around the Riverwalk over to the Rivercentre Mall and back to the hotel. We ate dinner at a Texas BBQ restaurant overlooking the river where I had my very first Marguerita (Raspberry flavored). After dinner we walked along the river for a bit.
Does anyone recognize this?
Does anyone recognize this?
This is the little outdoor theater along the Riverwalk where a scene in Miss Congeniality with Sandra Bullock was filmed. I think it was in one of the preliminary stages of the beauty contest scenes.
Next we head up to the street level two blocks towards the Alamo which was closed.
We then went back to the hotel where hubby spent the evening prepping for his work today.
This morning after breakfast, hubby head out to get the rental car at the parking garage across the street and off to work he went. I've got a late check-in here at the hotel and then I'll go down and wait for him to come pick me up when he's done at the client's. We're off to Austin tonight for our last night in Texas before we fly home tomorrow. The week has gone nice and slow and it has been relaxing ... for me at least Hubby can't say the same though :-(
There you have the latest from deep in the heart of Texas!
Next we head up to the street level two blocks towards the Alamo which was closed.
Remember the Alamo!
We then went back to the hotel where hubby spent the evening prepping for his work today.
This morning after breakfast, hubby head out to get the rental car at the parking garage across the street and off to work he went. I've got a late check-in here at the hotel and then I'll go down and wait for him to come pick me up when he's done at the client's. We're off to Austin tonight for our last night in Texas before we fly home tomorrow. The week has gone nice and slow and it has been relaxing ... for me at least Hubby can't say the same though :-(
There you have the latest from deep in the heart of Texas!







4 comments:
man I need you to be my travel guide for Texas, you would be good doing the tour guides giving all the little 'tidbits' you know ;-)
I will definitely have to arrange for a night in San A. What did you think of the hotel? would you recommend it?
I think our Brenda would love stuff like the Market Place and eating out near the Riverwalk. I can't wait :-)
Have a good flight home tomorrow if I don't chat with ya later. I've just dyed my hair and put nail polish on my tootsies! Tomorrow will be a housework day!
It looks like you're having a great time! How did you like your raspberry margarita? :)
Oh Sue, sounds like you all had a lovely time in SA. I wish we could have been with you. Michael could have taken you to all kinds of off the beaten path places. But you got the highlights and from the look of things the weather was nice. :) We are planning a trip to SA in Sept. I can't wait. We always head out for Labor Day to go to Gruene Hall to see one of our favorites.
Hope you are settling back in at home nicely!
Hugs sweetie.
I have loved visiting Texas through your eye. I felt a little ill looking down at that pool!
Post a Comment