Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Back to Reality

It never takes long after being away for reality to hit you square in the face. Sunday, hubby and I took it easy as we eased ourselves back into life at home. Workaholic hubby, head straight for his desktop computer to prepare reports for work on Monday. Me, I spent time catching up online and playing my new Sims3 game I picked up in San Marcos!

Monday morning reality hit though. Massive piles of laundry, both from our trip and the week prior were awaiting their turn in the washing machine. Before I could get to all that though, hubby called to tell me he'd taken my car to work. His car was making a funny "rubbing" noise and he'd booked it in for 11:30 at the Mazda dealership. Did I mind taking it over? Um... No?

What could I say? My sweet hubby had just taken me on a week-long escape from household chores, allowing me to lounge by a pool and get a massage while he toiled at work. Of course I would go and with as little complaining as possible.

I threw my first load into the washer and took off down the street. Where we live EVERYTHING we could possibly need (other than some peace and quiet) is about a 5 minute drive. Movie theaters, restaurants, at least 4-5 different grocery chains, bank, library, golf course, auto mall... you get the picture.

I got the car in & the guy told me it would be about an hour so I decided to hang out there rather than walk (or get a shuttle ride) back home. I did, however, walk around the corner to the plaza to pick up a card for friends whose kitty passed away on the weekend. I was glad the small pharmacy I went to had one! Phew. With card in hand, I head back to the dealership to wait for the car, and read more in my latest "summer read" (to see what I'm reading see sidebar).

After about an hour the guy came up from the service department to the waiting area and said he'd spoken with hubby and they needed to service the rear brakes. It would take another hour to 90 minutes. Did I want to wait or get a shuttle home? Hmm. Knowing I had 3 huge loads of laundry left at home, I debated walking (although the skies looked like they could open up (and blow me away) at any moment), or getting a shuttle ride around the corner home. I decided a shuttle would be preferred today. (Often I will walk home). The guy told me he'd call the shuttle and they would be there after dropping off their current passenger. So, I waited... and waited. Tick tock... tick tock. I looked at my watch and another hour had gone by. Okay. Should have walked! The guy from the service department came to the waiting room and I thought he was going to say "your ride is here" but instead he surprised me with "your car is ready!" Oh! Okay! (Now I'm glad I didn't walk home!)

I paid my bill, hopped into the car and head for home and that waiting mound of laundry. Not much else got accomplished yesterday other than those two things. Guess I'm back to reality, huh? Now today's task... finishing that one last load that never made it to the washer yesterday and ironing the scads of shirts hanging in line in the laundry room. Jealous?

6 comments:

Cindy said...

Isn't that the way it goes. I am glad you got your car back and I'm so jealous that you are doing laundry and ironing. NOT! :) Actually I have a load in the wash now that I need to move to the dryer. Jealous?
Hope you have a wonderful blessed week Sue.

Hugs,
Me

Elizabeth said...

Hi Sue, I enjoyed reading your two last posts, your visit in Texas sounds lovely. Glad you didn't have to get the shuttle or walk by home & that your car was ready, I have a huge laundry load to do so I'm not jealous either :) I hope you get back to your life at home easily. I love your new look, it's a great pink. Sorry it was hard for you to go back home. I can imagine how it felt. Hugs

Mikki said...

Don't you just love it when life gets in the way of fun.. LOL.

Welcome back to reality. :-)

Tracey said...

Hi Sue! Your trip to Texas sounds wonderful! I love the outlet mall and no you cannot see it all in one day! Love the photo of you and Doug at the Riverwalk. Hope you are having a great week! ((BIG HUGS))

P.S. Rudy and I love the piano bar on 6th street :o)

Kia said...

Ciao Sue, jealous that you are doing laundry and ironing?! Hum... no! LOL! Glad you had a nice time in Texas. Have a lovely week, will be back later to read your old posts. :)

Eleanor Joyce said...

Hi Sue - I'm so glad I can finally visit you online! Both of your blogs are beautiful. For the best several weeks I've tried to "visit" but blogger wouldn't let me access your page.

Thanks for visiting me too!