My day started out on a high note. I got up and spent some time catching up on my Bible Study and feeling quite refreshed from last week's busy schedule.
Sipping tea and digging into the Word was good for my parched spirit. Around noon I decided to get dressed and head out for a couple errands. After browsing the local home decorating store, looking for new window coverings (which I didn't find), I stopped at a nearby nursery and bought myself some baby tulips to brighten my living room.
Sometime in the afternoon I must have put on my "cranky pants" because all of a sudden, while tidying up the kitchen I got all moody and ugly. Knowing that overwhelmed feeling a little too well, I decided to stop the cleaning and head to the living room for some down time. I just need some "me" time I thought. Wrong! I needed a "time out"!
Poor hubby came in the door and went up to our room to his computer. At that time I decided to be productive and do some prep for our ladies' bible study notes by listening to the Jill Briscoe message I'd put on my computer from the church DVDs. I'm so dense because hubby told me that he'd found a problem with the recording but I didn't pay much heed to him. I start listening and after 2 minutes Jill freezes in place midsentence(while the clock keeps ticking on the Windows Media player). I try part 2. All of sudden Jill is talking about some car. Now I know that Elijah didn't have a car... a chariot perhaps, but not a car. Something was terribly wrong.
Most people would not react to this. Me? I OVER REACT and start freaking out in hysterics to poor hubby, who by this time is trying to nap after work. Ranting and raving, I'm sure he thought being back at work would be better than listening to me. In a crazed huff I depart the bedroom and come back to my computer to try it all again - of course the same results - and then begin my tyriad with my pal T!
Eventually I decided I needed a bigger time out from my hissy fit and hopped in the shower and started to pray. I'm beginning to realize that sometimes, particularly when I'm run down and not spending enough time alone with God, that I am a free-for-all for the enemy to come and crash. My spirit opens up like a screen door for any gunk the enemy may want to use to drag me down and unknowingly (willingly) I aid him in his evil work.
After my prayer shower I felt a little better. Having cleansed my body and my soul I apologized, again, to my hubby and was able to enjoy my evening, emotion free!
I wish that I was better able to cope when I have those times of busyness. My spirit has been sucked dry as I've poured out my time and energy for others in the past few weeks. Unfortunately, I haven't been disciplined enough and focused enough to go to the well of Living Water that would fill me back up until today, after I've crashed and burned, wearing my "Cranky pants". Lord, Forgive me for trying to do it on my own again!
Hopefully I'll find those "cranky pants" in the trash tomorrow!


6 comments:
Boy, I think I must wear cranky pants every single day. I certainly feel moody and ugly all the time. And I sure don't want to appear this way to my hubby or kids, but I am afraid that they do see it a lot. I know that I need to make more time to spend with God, and pray more about my attitude, and how burned out I always am. I also don't handle stress well.
Hoping tomorrow is a much better day for you, and you can wear happy pants! :-)
Andrea
Do these cranky pants travel or are we all owning our own pair?? I know I get cranky pants on way too often. The praise? I take them off quicker than I used to. :o)
Your blog looks so pretty!!
Well, I found your cranky pants in the trash and put them on this morning. The more the morning goes by the more of a mood I'm in. I think I might need a nap.
Hi Sue! Glad to read your cranky pants have been replaced by happy pants today. :) Justin lives in Huntington Beach. They have a fantastic dog beach there where the dogs can run offleash and play. We'll take them with us, of course, and Jeff's mom will take care of the kitties. Have a great Tuesday! (((Hugz)))
At least you were able to figure out why you had your "cranky pants" on and do something about it. Often times I'm clueless and just a big ole doody-head to everyone around me. Oops.
I found myself in the cranky pants this morning!! I am taking a time out right now, hopefully when the kids return I will have those cranky pants off!
Post a Comment