The worst part of it is though, that person has done NOTHING to make you feel that way.I have no idea what was going on with me today but all day long at various times I would just get so frustrated and annoyed with hubby and the poor guy hadn't done a thing. I tried to avoid him most of the day because just a simple comment or action made me so nuts inside that I thought I was going to snap at him, blow up at him or plain just pick a fight.
I even called out an S.O.S. with two of my best friends online, begging for prayer and affirmation that I'm not completely losing it. Fortunately, they too have experienced this kind of situation with their own hubbies! Phew!
It's not just me!We ran some errands this afternoon. We picked up a new Epson printer/scanner
which hubby has been trying to get to work all evening... more on that later! We also drove out about 30 minutes west of us to view a couple of open houses.
The first one, the agent wasn't there so who knows what happened with her open house. The second one we quite liked for the most part, although it is a 30 year old home which would need new windows soon and the upstairs bedroom section was not exactly our dream "retreat" we would hope for. The backyard though was amazing! There was a lovely kidney shaped inground pool backing on to greenspace
(I think the agent said it was the Trans Canada Pipeline). The main floor sections (it was a side-split) were very nice too. All in all though, we're not quite ready to start bidding on places. We have much to do around here to get us buyer-friendly first.When we got home from our errands, I could still feel that agitation of earlier in the day. I'm not certain if it's our home, our neighborhood or some strange PMS/perimenopause thing happening inside me. Whatever it is, that annoyance at hubby began to rear its ugly head again. While he fought with the new printer (which by the way should be making a reappearance at the store very soon), I decided to start dinner and keep me from saying something I may just regret later.
When hubby came down to grab his freshly made quesadilla, I decided to tell him how I was feeling. "Honey, I'm really irritated with you today for some reason but I know you haven't done anything to make me irritated and I know I'm not irritated at you, but for some reason I FEEL it" After giving me a little chuckle and a hug, we embraced and he began to pray for me... for us.
There is such power in prayer and I just want to say to the powers of evil around us... HA HA HA! By bringing those feelings into the Light (both with hubby and to God in prayer as a united couple), the irritation lifted. We even joked about it through the night as hubby would ask, "So, do you want to hit me now?"
I'm sure this weekend in particular, the enemy will try whatever means he can to get us Christians' focus away from Resurrection Day and the Victory we have in Jesus! I don't want to give him an inch. Not a foothold. Not a second thought! Oh, and I think I'll go back upstairs and snuggle with my honey!
P.S. The deal with the printer in case you're interested... from the moment hubby put paper in the paper feeder, he's had a "paper jam" signal on the front display. Apparently, as he's found online, many people have had tons of trouble with this issue. In fact many of the consumers writing said they wanted to take their new printers out back and either shoot them with their BBGuns or whack the crap out of them with a baseball bat. I think we'll just return it to the store for a refund. Too bad we hadn't found those reviews when we were researching this earlier in the week!
Oh well. Bye bye Epson. Hello Canon!


5 comments:
Ok, so how many pots and pans did you end up wrapping around Doug's ears?????? Good you can laugh about it. It sounds like hormones coupled with a full moon. They say a full moon brings up the crime rate and I know with policing they are always much more busy when there is a full moon. I can really relate to what you're saying though. I have those days too, and I know it's me....I just feel out of sorts for no particular reason. I usually just tell my family I'm feeling out of sorts and then try and stay out of their hair so I don't take my grumpyness out on them. I'm pretty sure mine is hormonal. Oh the joys of womanhood eh!Prayer really does make a difference though, and great Doug could see the funny side too.
Hope you have a beautiful Easter.
Love you lots, me. xx
Hey Sue, you are not alone. Was telling Tammy the same thing. Enemy attack or what. Well we will still have a blessed Easter Ok. Too bad you can't throw the printer at the enemy and be nice to the sales person. Ok :) Hugs
I was wondering about the printer, so thanks for explaining that ;)
Glad you got things cleared with hubby, good for you to tell him how you're feeling. So many times we women bottle it up and often times (I think)our hubs are oblivious to how we are feeling, even though it seems quite clear from the way we are snapping at them!
Have a lovely Monday. My sweet hubby washed and cleared up the dishes last night (my best ones don't go in the dishwasher) and prepped the coffee pot so coffee was made this morning, and he left me a sweet note saying thank you for everything yesterday :-)
I know the feeling all to well that you are describing. It is that overwhelming, bubbling anger that starts in your chest. You are not alone!
I am just sick over that poor little girl. My oldest daughter put together an email that she sent out to her friends today. She emailed her description and asking them to call the OPP if they see her. I told her it was a great idea, as it was her way to help out.
Hi Sue! It's good that you were able to see the big picture and know you were out of sorts and explain that to your hubby! He sounds like a keeper! Sorry about Meg- we sure do love our pets. :) (((Hugz)))
Post a Comment