As I reflect on the past weekend, I can't help but ask myself why I wasn't able to embrace the Cross? What kept me from Him?
The hymn Lead Me to Calvary comes to my mind and I think in some ways, the busyness of life caused me to forget. Not that I forgot what Jesus did on the cross, but I don't think I took the time to really meditate on just what it cost Him to do it.
The good news about the story of Easter though is that it's not a story just for one day in early Spring. The Easter message is for every day! Jesus died for our sins always, whether it's April 12 or October 10. I think the main point is that every day we should be meditating on God's great gift to us and giving Him our devotion and ourselves in gratitude.
I am glad that Jesus is resurrected from the dead. In doing so, He is able to daily resurrect me from my selfishness and pride. He's able to raise up in me the Fruit of the Holy Spirit and give me the power to die to self. Lest I forget what Jesus did at Calvary, I have only to stop and remember the message of Easter today and every day after.
Let me leave you tonight with the words of that great hymn, lest you forget too.
Lead Me to Calvary
by Jenny Hussey
by Jenny Hussey
King of my life, I crown Thee now,
Thine shall the glory be;
Lest I forget Thy thorn crowned brow,
Lead me to Calvary.
Refrain
Lest I forget Gethsemane,
Lest I forget Thine agony;
Lest I forget Thy love for me,
Lead me to Calvary.
Show me the tomb where Thou wast laid,
Tenderly mourned and wept;
Angels in robes of light arrayed
Guarded Thee whilst Thou slept.
Refrain
Let me like Mary, through the gloom,
Come with a gift to Thee;
Show to me now the empty tomb,
Lead me to Calvary.
Refrain
May I be willing, Lord, to bear
Daily my cross for Thee;
Even Thy cup of grief to share,
Thou hast borne all for me.
Refrain



7 comments:
Hi Sue,
I enjoyed your post today. I know that so many things will get in the way but I really do believe that God knows our heart. He knows you Sue and how you love Him. Hold onto His promises. Hugs
Honey! I felt the same way. I think most of it was because I couldn't go to church. I feel like I have been spending more time with God being laid up, but something is missing! I really hope God will reveal it to me when I get back on my feet. Maybe it's the missing piece to the puzzle! oooo...that's good! Maybe I should journal about that! LOL
Love you and thanks for sharing the words to that song.
I'm feeling the same way you and Kacy are but Susan is right. HE knows us.
HI Sue thanks for sharing your beautiful post! I enjoyed reading it. I pray your Easter was a blessed one and I agree it came and went in a blurr. big hugs
I love your new spring background! As a reply to your comment on my post... The job that J is trying to get is at the University of Kentucky not the United Kingdom. :) I wasn't very clear I guess! :) The university is located in our city so that is how he's been able to work there for the last 2 months. So we won't have to move WHEN he gets the job! :) Keep on praying! I appreciate you!
I feel like I fell short of the blessing of the day too, but I know that we all have limits and thankfully He doesn't.
How did you do that beautiful background? My blog needs a makeover desperately.
Great post, I appreciate your honesty. I love this hymn as well!!
Post a Comment