Sunday, March 15, 2009

You Know You're A Reality TV Junkie When...

Okay. I really think I have a problem. My reality tv addiction is getting way out of hand! Tonight, I started my reality tv marathon watching Amazing Race... thrilled that my "new" favorite team was NOT eliminated, considering every time I pick a favorite they are next to go. We were bummed that Celebrity Apprentice wasn't on until 10pm so what's a reality tv junkie to do with that extra hour? I could clean my house... I SHOULD read my Bible... but nope... this baby blanket knitting, couch potato watched the next best thing to reality tv... the E! True Hollywood Story on... The Apprentice!

This hour long show recapped the first season. It seems ages ago since we first started hating Omarosa. I guess I shouldn't "hate" her... but oooohhh Pulling My Hair Outthat woman makes me crazy! She is her own biggest fan and she actually thinks anyone cares what she has to say. I don't understand why producers of shows think that we "love a villian" as Omarosa delighted in pointing out. I for one don't! I like the "nice guy"! Enough of the drama queen already. Someone... please make her go away!!

For about 15 minutes at the end of the show they quickly recapped the second season, most of whom I totally forgot about. I think we have the first season on DVD. That's how bad we are with our reality tv. In fact, I think we have a few Survivor seasons on DVD too! I really do need to find out if there is a 12-step program for this!

Finally 10pm came and we got our Celebrity Apprentice "hit". I honestly didn't think I would like this season at all, mostly because 1/2 of the so-called celebrities I'd never heard of before. In actual fact, I'm quite enjoying it. Jesse James isn't much to look at, but he is a character. I so get what Sandra Bullock found charming in order to marry him! He's one smart cookie! I'm of course routing for Clint Black and I even quite like the Playboy Bunny, Brandy. She's a smart woman, not to mention beautiful and seems quite sweet. Now... Dennis Rodman and Tom Green... a total waste of skin! (Again... did I say that out loud? Secret I must have taken my Omarosa pill tonight!) Tom Green is a disgrace to all Canadians! I am embarrased that we come from the same country! If you don't watch the show, think lazy, wimpy, ... you get my drift!)

I'm all wound up after watching my shows tonight but I'd better settle down so I can sleep. Have a big day of packing for North Carolina tomorrow. Guess I should also tidy up the house a bit for my nephew too, huh? Hopefully I won't be dreaming of the Apprentice tonight!

3 comments:

Susan said...

Hi Sue, Jr and I love to watch Survivor together and American Idol and Dancing are on the list too. Have a great week. Hugs

Denise said...

Producers of shows like that don't think you 'love a villain' they KNOW you 'love to hate the villain'! and so they will keep on picking people like that just to get the tv ratings (imo). I don't like shows like that now because it invokes in me negative feelings towards a lot of the people! I don't watch Survivor now for the same reasons, I would just get so annoyed when watching it I had to rethink why was I watching. I like AI because I love to hear people sing, I watch DWTS cos I would love to dance like that... they are more 'feel good' shows for me :-)
Hope you have a lovely trip to NC, I'm praying for you both, safe travels and wonderful relaxing time together.
xxxxx

Anonymous said...

Hi Sue, sorry you're addicted to reality TV :) I wish I could help as I'm not even interested in it but I understand how taking it might be when you follow a group of people from week to week & have your favorite. I hope your week is starting well, big hugs
PS If you feel like spring, check my blog as there are photos of spring ;o)