If you're a bottom of the babyboomer generation, then you most likely do. That is, unless your parents didn't allow you to watch it because it was about a witch. I'm still shocked to this day that my parents allowed me to watch that... and Love Boat for that matter... but I digress.So tonight, after my shower I put my pj's on to come back onto the computer to finish what I was doing before said shower. Like I often do, I take a quick peek out the front window. Why? No reason other than I'm nosy!
Well, tonight you can just call me Mrs. Kravitz... the nosy neighbor of Samantha and Darren Stevens on Bewitched. Peeking out the window I saw two police cars on the lane in front of our house. After crouching a little lower I detected a tow truck parked in front of a car that was parked in the visitor's parking lot across from our townhouse.
I couldn't see the car very well but the 3 police officers shone flashlights in and around the car. Mesmerized, I sat in the dark watching. I of course couldn't hear through the window so I slowly unlatched the lock. Crank, crank. I opened the window a little at a time, trying to be invisible to the action below.
Even with the window opened I still couldn't hear what was going on. That darn traffic out on the main street across the fence. Straining to hear I could only hear the murmuring of their voices, but no real words that would indicate what was going on out there. Was it a drug bust? (Not that I'd want that happening in the parking lot across from my house) Was the car parked in visitor's parking too long?
After about 30 minutes of peering like a Peeping Tom in reverse, finally the tow truck driver got in his truck. Within mere minutes he had the car strapped onto his vehicle while the officers shone their lights and spoke to another man who I had just then saw for the first time. The man held a bag. What is in that bag? I wondered... as if it were any of my business.
Finally Mr. Tow Truck Driver was ready to go. The officers all scattered to their respective vehicles, leaving the man with the bag standing alone in the visitor's parking lot. The police drove off as did the tow truck, while the "bag man" began to walk down the street... not toward the main street outside our complex, but down the street inside our complex directly in front of our window.
I continued to watch, wondering who he is and what he was doing. He would walk a few steps and then stop. Walk again. Stop. Finally he shuffled up a driveway down near the end of the road and vanished, leaving me with nosy Mrs. Kravitz questions, never to know the answers.
And so that was my "exciting" Saturday night!


6 comments:
LOL sounds like things I do! Always trying to be sneaky and watch what is going on, hoping no one sees me.
Hope you are having a great weekend!
Andrea
Ciao Sue! Do you really know somebody who didn't let their children watch Bewithced just because it was about a witch? I'm quite shocked! I love that series, it was one of my fave TV shows as a kid. The 1st season arrived in Italy only in 1979, when I was 5 y/o.
Hope you are having a fab Sunday! Hugs from Scotland.
oooh, I wanna know who the man was now ;) LOL, you're no different to the rest of us I'm sure, I would have been doing the exact same thing peeping out my window, and I always look out the front to the cul-de-sac during the day. One time when we just moved in there was a strange car pulled in to the cove, it drove in very slowly stopped and the guy was looking at our houses, it looked very strange so I took his license #. Later found out it was the John (Emily's Dad) that was just pulling in to take a look at their house that was in the middle of being built! But I pride myself on being a watchful neighbor ;-) ha ha
oops, I meant it was John - not The John'!!!
I am totally the Mrs. Kravitz of my neighborhood. If it's going on, people call me. Although my neighbor whose husband is the ranger at the park behind us holds her own. LOL
Bewitched was my fave. : )
LMBO... girl you are too funny! You had me completely enraptured in what was going on... and me and my visuals, I could picture you peeking out that window, ducking a little out of the way each time you thought they might suspect someone were watching, or maybe glanced your way. So the question of the night is... what was in the bag!?!?!?
Post a Comment