Friday, March 20, 2009

No Golf in Heaven

I have come to the glaring conclusion that there will be NO golf in heaven! Why you ask? Because it is a horribly sinful game! Not really. It just unfortunately causes me to sin.

I am by no means an Annika Sorenstam (pro golfer). In fact... to be blunt... I rather stink but somehow I still enjoy the game ~ most of the time ~ when I'm not hating it. What makes it frustrating is that when at the driving range I can shoot out almost every single ball in my little basket with barely any duff shots. Driving RangeMost go sailing out into the driving range abyss towards the man in the little ball-catcher tractor. But, on the actual course... I get the odd amazing shot, but more often than not, I'm chasing the ball no farther than my height or missing the ball altogether.

Okay, so I'm exagerating a little, but today I did pretty average on my first 9 holes but the second half... oh my! This is where the "sin factor" came into play. As I swat away at the ball, missing it or barely moving it forward the anger and frustration begin to build. Poor hubby. He has to put up with my ranting and raving and today... even a swear word! PissedI hate that I allow my ugly old flesh to resurface at times like this. Doug told me it was the conditions that were causing me such grief. If the course wasn't swamped with the 1/2 inch of rain from last night, then it was as dry and crusty as an old loaf of bread. The grass is still in it's winter dormancy and it was so hard. That makes it difficult to get under the ball which adds to the frustration. Nevertheless, I succumbed to my frustration and for that I had to confess to God my sin.

On a good note though, my short game Putting was pretty fair until of course near the end of the game when I was so exhausted I could barely lift my golf club ~ and was dragging it behind me.

When we were done at the golf course we were both tired and hungry. We came "home", changed quickly and then head off to Olive Garden for dinner. Have I mentioned how much I LOVE Olive Garden? We miss it being up in Ontario so it's always a treat to come get our fill of salad and bread sticks every time we visit the USA! Italian Restaurant

After dinner we went to Michael's and then the Lifeway Christian store where I got a couple books and hubby got a CD and DVD. Then we were back to make my sister's dog a very happy, albeit hungry puppy. Hubby knew we should have fed him before we left for dinner. Poor guy was starving for both food and attention by the time we got back. I'm so glad dogs can't talk or my sister would know that we're not the best dog-sitters in the world! Oh well... there's always tomorrow!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sue I used to golf but it's been a very long time. I enjoy it for sure. I now gold via Wii. Thank God for Wii! enjoy that game for sure with my hubby it's loads of fun and laughs. Glad your sisters puppy got fed and is very happy! I miss the plurk but I just get tired of the social sites things and feel it is pretty much a huge waste of time. Well at least right now when I have so many things to do. Have a nice weekend sweets.big hugs

Abby said...

I love your golf story! I was laughing because I could completely picture myself in the same situation. And I completely understand how the frustration builds!!! It sounds like you are having a great time in the US! Are you originally from here or Canada?

Anonymous said...

Hey gurl...I love this blog! So cute and bright! Glad you had a good time golfing and such. When my ankle is all said and done I can't wait to do some sporty type things!

Love you gal, and enjoy your time there!