Gord, Barb, Hubby and I set off from the ship on an open air taxi to Cane Garden Bay, one of Tortola's beautiful beaches.
Unlike yesterday's Sapphire Beach in St. Thomas, Cane Garden Bay had a soft sand shore that made getting in and out of the water easy and enjoyable. The ride over to this beach felt treacherous at times because the roads were steep, winding and narrow. The highly suggest not renting a car here and now I understand why! Driving is best left to the professionals in the taxis I think!
We enjoyed a great day of playing in the surf, walking the sandy shore ... and avoiding the diving birds...
These things were crazy! They would fly overhead and then BAM... smack into the water to grab a fish. You hated to be in their way!
As we were stretching out on beach loungers at one point in the day, we started chatting with the people next to us. Don't you love how vacationers for the most part are so friendly? Well, as it turned out, these folks were also Canadians, on our ship for the 2 week cruise too and, believe it or not, Christians also! Really? Small world or WHAT! We had a nice time chatting with them and later that evening had dinner with the 4 of them, along with Gord and Barb.
All in all it was a wonderful day of picturesque surroundings, good company and perfect weather! I could have hung around her indefinitely!


No comments:
Post a Comment