The first gift, a gift in my hand, I reinterpreted today and chose this...
![]() |
| My wedding rings |
these... a gift on my hand, symbolize a promise. A promise made to me almost 18 years ago that my beloved would stand by my side, through thick and through thin. He promised to love me, cherish me, protect me and provide for me. And he has done all that and more! Those rings symbolize my promise back to him... that I will care for him, nurture him, respect and honor him, love and give myself to only him. And together, along with his (that he no longer wears because it's too tight... which reminds me I need to take him and the ring to the jewelers to be resized... that is the ring resized... his size is just fine!) symbolize a vow of commitment until death do us part. These rings also represent to me a greater promise... one made by God, that He will return one day and I will be His bride, and He my Bridegroom. How exciting to be blessed with two great loves of my life, one here on earth and one in eternity! I am beyond grateful for this!!
The second gift, a gift I walked by (or rather walk by each day) is this...
| A recent Christmas Gift of Inspiration |
This beautiful inspirational picture hangs in the upstairs hallway where I pass by every day to and from our master bedroom. It was given to us by my NC sister and it reminds me daily of God's love for me, which is the greatest gift of all! It says (in case you can't read it):
GOD is FOR ME
God is
... with me
... in me
... for me
... around me
... moving through me
... surrounding me
... leading me
... directing me
... loving me
This is the confidence we
have that if we ask
anything according to
His will He hears us
1 John 5:14
When I think of this picture and all it says, I am also SO grateful for the gift of these promises from His Word, and I'm also thankful for my NC sister and the beautiful friendship we share not only as biological sisters, but as sisters in Christ!
Lastly today, my gift I sit/sat with ...
![]() |
| My laptop |
A couple Christmases ago, Hubby totally surprised me with this... my pretty pink laptop. The first year of owning it though I didn't consider it a gift in that this particular laptop had a ton of issues and had to be sent back a couple times to get it right (or at least manageable). Although I'm not a huge Dell fan, (and would never buy another of their products), my laptop is a HUGE gift for which I am abundantly grateful. My laptop is like a best friend to me, in that it links me to many of my best friends, both online and in person. It aids me in ministry and allows me to research. Unfortunately it more often than I'd like to admit robs me of precious time, but overall this gift is one that God has used to bless me, comfort me in dark days, to bless others through the ministries He's given me both on & offline. It allows me to maintain our home with sites for banking, recipes and cleaning tips. Yes, one would think it a little odd, but I consider this little hunk of components and plastic parts a true gift from God!
Take time today to contemplate the gifts in your hand, that you pass by and that you sit with today! It might be a person, a place or like me, things but stop for a moment today and just be thankful! Joy will soon follow!




No comments:
Post a Comment