Monday, January 23, 2012

Jan 23 ~ Simple Woman's Daybook


On this, Monday January 23, 2012...

Outside my window the snow is almost melted from the unseasonable 43F temperature and the spring-like rain

I am thinking how talented, creative and inspired some people are, like my friend, Tania, who enhanced the Daybook with some fresh, new ideas and allowed me to copy follow in her lead.

I am thankful for my friends, online and offline who love me, inspire me, amuse me and challenge me

In the kitchen that little spot between the counter and the stove got a good cleaning this morning, especially after I dropped a hunk of apple down there and needed to scoop it out before it rotted.

I am wearing blue sweatpants, white long-sleeved tee, green zip-up sweat-shirt and slippers

I am creating this week's lesson review for Abide

I am going to get on the treadmill sometime today.  When?  Not sure yet but I MUST!

Music in my heart for today is Blessed Be Your Name which is part of our study lesson this week:

I am wondering what to write for this section... I don't think I'm wondering too much at the moment


I am praying for God's direction in Hubby's career choices


Fav blog post this week would have to be Tania's where she gave these new fresh Daybook ideas!!


I am hoping to lose the 5 lbs I've gained since November and getting back into a regular exercise schedule again.  I somehow lost my exercise mojo between here and Bahamas!


I am looking forward to Hubby's safe return from his trip to CA


I am learning to bow my will to God which some days is harder than others


My favorite Follow Me on Pinterest find this week is this amazing porch fireplace.  Too bad I don't have a porch but oh how I could imagine sitting out there on a cool Spring or Fall evening!


Image found at theberry.com
Around the house it is quiet and I'm enjoying it!


I am pondering when to make a delicious "wacky pasta salad" for dinner - super early like a "lupper", or have something light and eat at regular time.


A favorite quote for today comes from Scripture:
If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you.  James 1:5
One of my favorite things is snuggling up on a rainy day with a good book, which I'll maybe do after I finish blogging and my chapter review for Abide!

A few plans for the week:
  • prep for Abide
  • houseclean
  • Abide
  • maybe get hair cut
  • go to movies w/ girlfriends for "cheapy Tuesday"


A peek into my life

Working on details to visit here this Winter!

That's this simple woman's Daybook.  Hope you have a simply wonderful day!


3 comments:

Tammy said...

LOVE that porch fireplace! I have a porch, but it's not quite big enough for that. But oh, how I would love it! That beach pic looks pretty nice, too. Love ya! xo

Joyce said...

I love Pinterest (http://pinterest.com/jodaley/)...if you send me your sn I'll look for you there. I don't know where that last photo was taken but a winter trip there sounds good to me!

Enjoy your day...thanks for visiting and your encouragement re: traveling husbands. Mine has always traveled...he will definitely need a hobby when he retires : )

He & Me + 3 said...

Sue, It is nice to visit again. It has been a while but looks like you are doing well. I love that fireplace. Pinterest is so wonderful full of great ideas. Love the video/song you chose. Perfect. I have been getting on the treadmill daily for over a year and have lost over 20 pounds without even changing my diet. I am loving it. Enjoy your quiet day.