Friday, October 14, 2011

Sprained Plans

I woke up this morning and one of my very first thoughts was, 17 years ago today was my last day as a "Miss".  Sweet!  Yep... it's Anniversary Eve in our little Nest and by the time I finish writing tonight's post it will be time to run to the airport to pick up my Handsome Hubby once again from his week away on business.  Man... that travel is getting old, particularly when I'm not with him!


Since my last post I've experienced a little bit of pain.  It's proof that I am indeed getting OLD!  Only 3-4 pounds away from my weight loss goal and look what's happened:


Fortunately it isn't too serious, but apparently I have re-sprained the ankle I sprained in 2006 on my first trip to San Francisco.  I'm sure there is a touch of arthritis in the joint which gets definitely more painful in the damp weather like we've been having since mid-week.  Perhaps this means I should be moving to a warmer climate??  One can only dream!  I went to see my doctor yesterday.  She thought it was mildly sprained and also sent me for x-rays to make sure it wasn't anything more severe like a stress fracture or something.  I'm a little bummed by the setback though because I really wanted to get rid of those last few pounds before I'm back in a bathing suit soon for our vacation with my NC Sis and her family.  Hopefully a few days of rest will make a difference.  I plan to stop and pick up a tensor bandage on the way to pick up Hubby.

Speaking of Hubby... just got an email his flight is making good time and he'll be in early!  Better run!  I'll be back with tales of our Anniversary weekend later this weekend!  Happy Friday!!

2 comments:

pam said...

Oh Sue! I'm sorry about your ankle!
Happy Anniversary to you and Doug!! God bless you both and have a beautiful weekend!
xoxo

Julie said...

Hope you guys had a very happy anniversary. Ouch...your poor ankle, hope you can rest it as much as possible. Sprains can be very painful. You're doing great with getting the pounds down...well done. Leaving you big hugs and lots of love. Xx