Saturday, March 12, 2011

A Month? Really??

If there were bad blogger awards, I believe that my name would be on the top of the list for contenders for this award.  What has happened to my creative writing juices?  Where has my daily discipline of getting in here and sharing my tidbits of info, knowledge or trivial with the world?  I can't believe it's been over a month since my last post.  Guess writing daily can be checked off the "New Year's Resolution" list with forceful disgust of having failed at yet another resolution.

So... I wish I had some wonderful tales of adventure to share as to why I haven't blogged in, like forever (said in my best Valley Girl voice of course).  I really have nothing.  No reason.  No excuses.  Just plain, simple... lack of inspiration and drive I guess.

Like many of you, I was glued to my t.v. and computer yesterday morning as I watched the destruction and devastation of the earthquake/tsunami in Japan.  I had woken up around 5am (EST) for some unknown reason, and like the iPhone addict that I am, reached over to check my Twitter account where I saw many prayers pouring in for the people of Japan.  I had no idea what had happened at that time so I quickly put on CNN on the bedroom tv/computer screen, and watched dumbfounded as entire neighborhoods were literally pouring down the streets and rivers of northern Japan.

As I continued to watch in shock, I heard the announcer mention a Tsunami warning for Hawaii and the western North American coastline from Southern CA to Canada.  Wait a second, I thought.  Doug is in San Francisco... right on the Bay.  My prayers began to expand from the people of Japan to my friends... and now FAMILY on the California coast who were in "danger's" way.  I eventually tried to get back to sleep for a few hours (between this latest news development and the constant jaw muscle pain I've been experiencing since my therapeutic massage on Tuesday to "relieve" my back/shoulder pain) and once awake I was back watching CNN (and KTLA from Los Angeles) on the t.v. and plugging into the San Francisco area news on my laptop.

By 11am my time, I couldn't wait any longer and had to call Hubby's hotel room to make sure he knew he was in a tsunami warning and to check what was happening on the "inside" of the San Fran Bay.  Like me, he was watching the coverage and we both saw that the only real damage was to some boats in the Santa Cruz harbor area.  Fortunately for California, the ripple effect of the tsunami was arriving at low tide where minimal wave increase was seen.  Thank you Jesus!!


I can't tell you how overjoyed I was to see my sweet Hubby walk through the frosted glass doors at the airport last night... safe and sound and back home!  I can't help but think though that so many on the other side of the world don't have a home to go to anymore, and many have lost their loved ones, or their own lives.

Let's remember Japan in our daily prayers as they try to deal with this horrific nightmare they experienced the other day.  May they find the peace and comfort of Jesus in this, their time of great need.

3 comments:

AliceMum said...

Glad to see you back Sue!! I have been lax on my blog too but got started back this week..Praying your jaw is better!! Love ya!

Mandy said...

I'm so glad your husband made it back home safely and that he was never in harms way. Those theraputic massages can be worse than the pain you started with from my experience! Hoping that you start feeling better soon.

~Pam~ said...

Hi Sue,
Good to see your post! :-) Glad Doug is home safe and sounds.
Love you!
xoxo