Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Quick and Easy Dinner

I don't know about you, but making dinner is not one of the highlights of my days.  I sometimes wonder if that's why God chose for me to be in a family of two, with a Hubby who can easily fend for himself to boot.  Tonight, was "leftover" night at our house and I really don't enjoy leftovers.  Funny how I don't enjoy cooking and dislike leftovers even more which means that without leftovers I would need to cook more often.  Hmm... I digress.

So... while Hubby was putting together a wrap with leftover cooked chicken, diced onion and red/green pepper bits I pulled out this...


... my fancy, dancy Quesadilla maker.  I was feeling a little chilly so the thought of having a cold tortilla wrap for dinner didn't strike me as delicious but a nice hot quesadilla... now we're talkin' leftovers!!

If you've never seen one of these let me introduce you to one of my most favorite kitchen appliances.  With a little cooked chicken cut up into bitty pieces, chopped onion, peppers, shredded cheese... you can have restaurant style quesadillas in 10 minutes (and that's including assembling your goodies into your shells!). I often will add a bit of BBQ sauce to the chicken to spice it up.  If you do all the cutting up ahead of time you can even make them lickety split for a quick lunch.

I tell you... this little gizmo will impress your friends when you offer to make them a nice dinner/lunch.  The sky's the limit with this... and no I'm not getting paid to say all of this.  I really do love my quesadilla maker!

This wasn't my only culinary work this evening though.  After Survivor tonight, I whipped up a batch of Chewy Oatmeal Cookies to take to a party tomorrow night.  Another easy recipe that you can find at my new baking blog, Cookies, Cakes and Cupcakes... Oh My!  Figured I needed a "home" for all the baking I've been doing.  Stop in and check things out if you want!

One quick story before I head off tonight.  Ever find that when you're tired and in a rush that everything goes wrong?  That was my cookie making tonight.  Just as I was lifting my ceramic flour canister back up into the kitchen cupboard above my work station, the canister slipped and half of the flour dumped out all over the counter (fortunately missing the cookie dough).  Sigh.  Not exactly what I needed.  My entire left arm was white with flour.  I should have taken a picture but it wasn't THAT funny at the time.  Now... kinda funny.  

Okay... off to bed for yet another busy day tomorrow.  Don't forget... run to the store and get yourself a quesadilla maker.  You'll thank me later! hee hee

3 comments:

Abby said...

Sounds yummy! I didn't feel like cooking last night either so we had grilled cheese and mac and cheese... real healthy:)

Darylynn said...

Hi Sue! We love quesadillas and any and all Mexican food. :) I've seen the David video and my son acted like that after his wisdom teeth were pulled. I thought how awful if he got stuck that way! Wrote about a cotton ball puppy today and Denise said it was your favorite dog. Missing characters like Coach on Survivor this season. I hope Fabio wins- wouldn't that be a shocker! :D

He & Me + 3 said...

It is not really my cup of tea either...but I do it because I have kids. LOL I could thrive on quick snacks...but i guess I need to feed my kids healthy so therefore I cook. I have really started enjoying it more this year. Using my crock pot has helped.
Those cookies sound dreamy. I love oatmeal cookies! YUM