Getting off at the Powell station, I made my way up to the street level and through the mall attached to the station where I was able to get a few Christmas gifts for hubby. Once done in this mall, I wandered out into the cool air and walked up Powell Street and over to Macy's in Union Square. I found a few "touristy" type tree ornaments for our tree and then head back outside to wander the shop windows along the north side of Union Square - William Sonoma, Saks Fifth Avenue and Tiffanys.
I love coming to this area at Christmas. A massive, decorated tree stands in the center of Union Square amidst the tall palm trees. The store windows are beautifully decorated, none more beautiful than those of Tiffanys. I brought my camera with me so I could take pictures of these exquisite window displays. Here are the four windows at Tiffany's, San Fransisco:
Be sure to click on the pictures to see them larger ~ you don't want to miss them close-up!
After window-shopping, I made my way back down to the BART station and back to the hotel to shower and get ready for dinner out with Hubby and some of his clients.
They took us to a lovely restaurant along a lagoon, not far from the SF Bay in Redwood City. Hubby had lobster while I had a penne chicken carbonara.
Now we're back to the hotel and hubby is back to work while I'm here blogging about my day. Tomorrow I'm having lunch with one of my online buddies and then we're out to dinner in the evening with the bigwigs of Doug's clients. I will really need to get back to work on my diet when I get home... or hit the treadmill for hours at time, with all this rich food I'm enjoying!






4 comments:
Sounds like you are enjoying your time in SF. Love the pics of the windows at Tiffany's. I love going to NYC at Christmas for the same reason. Love to window shop and see the tree at Rockafeller center.
Hope you have a great day today.
Love you,
Cindy
Those pictures are beautiful! How adventurous of you to go sight-seeing by yourself in a new city!! You go girl! How much fun to be in a fun city like that at the holidays!! I'm sure there is just a wonderful feel in the air:)
Wow, pretty amazing window displays. Wish I could come shopping with you, sounds like you're having a blast :)
Hello Sue, you seem to be enjoying your time in San Francisco, sorry it's cold. I love Tiffany's windows, I always checked them on 5th avenue, they are tiny but beautiful. I hope you keep enjoying your vacations, hugs
Post a Comment