During the show they announced the new Bachelor star and the rumors were right. Blech! Jake is the new bachelor and I doubt I will be able to stomach the season without a barf bag handy while watching this pilot in his pursuit of love. How corny was the name they gave the season too ~ "Wings of Love". Oh boy! It's about as corny as Jake came off on Jillian's season of The Bachelorette. I do feel kind of bad for the guy though. He so desperately wanted to be The Bachelor and so many, like myself, are less than enthused. Guess the old saying, "be careful what you wish for" will apply in this case because I doubt this will be the wonderful experience he thought it was going to be.
Okay... enough of that! A few "housekeeping" things before I get on to this week's Random Dozen. To reply to Julie's comment from yesterday, my back is still bothering me and I am still going to the chiropractor 2x a week, although it has improved. It aches more than sharp stabbing pains now and I am feeling a little like I'm living in a "Catch-22" situation... I want to exercise to lose weight which I know would help my back, but exercising hurts my back so it hampers any progress I try and make in the exercise department. Can you say frustrating!
Time now for this weeks' Random Dozen, thanks to Linda!

1. I've always wondered why we were taught both printing and cursive. Do you prefer to print or write cursive? (Keyboard is not a choice.) My style is caught somewhere between the two. I half write/half print most of the time and it's not the prettiest handwriting I've ever seen. Don't you hate how you love everyone else' handwriting more than your own?
2. Are you a dreamer or a realist? Okay, now I'm just feeling very wishy-washy tonight. Again, I think I'm a bit of both, but more than likely a bit more of a realist if I'm honest with myself.
3. Billy Joel or Elton John? If I have to chose ... Elton John, although I'm not a HUGE fan of either.
4. What is the scariest movie you've ever seen? Not just horror flicks but also ones where the tension or suspense is killer, for example, Flightplan (2005): A bereaved woman and her daughter are flying home from Berlin to America. At 30,000 feet the child vanishes and nobody admits she was ever on that plan. I can still remember in my late teen's/early 20's watching a 1981 movie called Ghost Story with Fred Astaire, Douglas Fairbanks Jr and a bunch of other old actors. It was so suspenseful. I was with some friends from our youth group and I can still picture us girls sitting watching with a blanket over our faces at eye level so when we got freaked out we didn't have far to move the blanket to shade our eyes.
5. Now what is the scariest real-life moment you've had? In real life, the scariest moment was when I was 21 and my Mom and I were in a head-on collision. We both saw the car coming at us and we even talked later in the hospital about what color the car was. I got out of the car on my own while Mom had to be cut out with the "jaws of life". Even before Mom was out of the car I was whisked off to the hospital, not even sure if she was alive. It was very scary!
6. What word do you misspell without fail? I ALWAYS misspell niece - want to spell it neice and then stop, rewind and try it again the correct way.
7. Name something you like to do but are not really talented or good at? Scrapbooking! I have tons of stuff and one finished project but I just don't seem to have creative juices that flow while doing it so I lose interest quickly.
8. Do you get your emotional/mental batteries recharged by being around people or by having alone time? A few years ago I totally would have said "being around people" but the older I get (and probably because of our quiet, childfree life), I recharge more being alone.
9. Have you ever been on TV? Sort of? When I was a little girl there was a local t.v. station that had this little variety program. One of my church friends was having a bday party and we went down to see the show and they called us all up on stage and we got to be on t.v. Nothing exciting!
10. Apple or pumpkin pie? (Don't be greedy.) My grandma made THE BEST apple pie so, unless it's made with Crisco pastry and the apples are the right kind and done just like Grandma, I would pass on apple pie. Store bought just doesn't cut it. But... at Thanksgiving... pumpkin all the way... with lots of real whipping cream on top! (and I wonder why I need to lose weight!)
11. How many magazine subscriptions do you have? None
12. What lesson do you have to keep re-learning? I think my lesson I need to learn over and over is to die to self and make God my priority. I get so easily sidetracked with things of this world that I neglect Him more than I should and more than He deserves. I guess along with this lesson is balance... balancing life with my time with God.
Your turn! Head on over to Linda's and grab the Random Dozen questions by clicking on the link above... and have yourself a Happy Hump Day!


4 comments:
I enjoyed reading your answers, especially #12...very well said.
I liked reading your answers too!
Although I can really relate to having back pain that keeps you from exercising when that exercising is the very thing that will help the pain. UGH.
Loved reading your dozen....Just out blog hopping on tonight...really should be working... Hope you will stop by my Christmas blog and leave your favorite Christmas song...and enter a great giveaway. Also, a birthday letter to my daughter on my main blog...http://teresa-grammygirlfriend.blogspot.com/
http://grammyababychangeseverything.blogspot.com
Great post.
I'm so sorry to hear about your back though. Have you ever tried Pilates or yoga or something in that vein? They're supposed to be really good for the muscles, easier on the body and great for the mind.
I've given up trying to watch DWTS. I never seem to have time to catch it.
Post a Comment