We left home in this, our 2000 Protege and the very first car we bought together as a couple...
and came home in this, our new Hyundai Santa Fe...

It took Gene, our salesman, about an hour to go through everything with us. While sitting at his desk, Hubby noticed a few cards and signs on his workspace walls with Scripture verses. "Gene's a Christian", he said. Very cool! As we stood outside with Gene, keys in hand about ready to step in and drive our new vehicle off the lot, Gene asks us, "Are you people of prayer?" "We sure are" we replied. "Then let's lay hands on your new vehicle before you leave" Gene said. And with that, a prayer of blessing was given over our new vehicle by the man sent from God to help us in our journey.

I fully believe God was in this entire process. For you friends who have been reading my blog all summer, you know what a long, arduous task, shopping for a vehicle has been. That fateful Saturday in mid-September, as we were preparing to decide on a used Ford Escape, I just felt strongly in my spirit that we were supposed to go to Hyundai before Ford. Now I see fully that God had placed that feeling inside me and for a reason. My prayer today is one of gratitude for God's very abundant provision of this vehicle. I also pray that we would use it to bring Him glory and for His service. It actually is His and He's just loaning it to us after all!
**************
Couple of other quick things before I go.
1. There's an update on Krissy's visit to the cardiologist over at their blog - Quickly Outnumbered for you to check in on if you've been following the progress of my great-niblings-to-be.
2. After some thought and an act of mercy to my non-reality tv addicted friends, I have started up a new blog strictly for my ramblings of reality t.v. Come check out my new The Armchair Reality Review.



9 comments:
actually i thought of you and your blog when that title came to my mind! thanks for commenting!! :o)
Oh Sue! What a wonderful, awesome story about geting your SUV! It really does sound like God was involved in the whole thing. What a blessing for the both of you!
Hugs,
Andrea
LOVE your new SUV! I'm so glad that it all worked out and you now have your own car instead of sharing...which can be a pain! How cool that your salesperson was a Christian?? God's cool like that! Well, even though it took so long and then an extra day, I'm glad that you can look back and see God's plan in it all! Happy driving!
HI Sue, you could have left your reality TV stuff here, do you think people will go to your new blog to read about it? I hope so. Anyway congrats on your new car (SUV) it's beautiful and will be yours sometime down the road. Steve and I don't buy brand new cars, but that's because he works for a car dealership and knows the minute you drive it off the lots it depreciates by thousands. He buys used cars for us
I have only had a car payment once in my life, can you believe that?
Congrats once again and I am sure you will be out driving your new car this weekend! Big hugs
Love it! Congratulation on your new car.
I couldn't get to the new reality TV blog...is it up yet??
Have an awesome week!
PS: How cool is it that your salesman prayed with you over your vehicle? Awesome.
Mmmmm.....I can smell the new car smell now? Don't you just love it and wish it would always smell that way? Me too!!!!!!!!!!!
Congratulations on your new vehicle. Exciting. Glad Gene thought to do a blessing of prayer. Nothing like feeling confirmation after a big purchase, huh?
Wow! That is SOOOOOOO cool that Gene suggested laying hands on your car and praying over it! You are right...no coincidence. Congrats on your new vehicle. I hope it gives you many years of travel and good memories.
Now I'm heading over to your new blog!
Hiya! Congratulation on your new SUV! :) Have fun driving it!
Thanks for the visit, still a bit stressed (but it will get better when I will be able to talk about "why" I am stressed, I'm positive about it), I made a lost of things I am grateful for and it really helped! :)
Happy weekend! Will be back later to read a few older posts. Ciao! :)
Wow, how exciting, you finally have your new vehicle, and what a special story. I'm sure you'll have the Lord's blessing of protection to as you enjoy many happy motoring hours in your new car. It's wonderful when God gives his final seal of approval on things to remind you He's ordering our steps. I'm pleased you shared all that.
I'm so sorry your back is causing you all sorts of bother. Hopefully you slept better last night and your week ahead will be much better. Fancy all that from knitting.
Have a blessed Sonday. Luv ya, Julie xx
Post a Comment