Thursday, August 27, 2009

What Day Is It?

Do you ever notice when you're on a relaxing vacation how the days all get mixed up? I can't remember what day it was we went parasailing (was it Sunday or Monday?) and one day feels like another (weekday feels like weekend) and I'm all confused which isn't hard to do these days.

Yesterday was a day just like all the others... walking ankle deep along the beach, sitting under our borrowed yellow umbrella reading a good book, boogie boarding in the rolling waves. We changed it up a bit though, playing bocce ball around 4:30 instead of 7:30pm. Oooooh... look at us be all spontaneous again!

Playing in the surf on our boogie boards in my two piece bathing suit (tank top/skirt... NOT bikini ... wouldn't want the rest of the beachcombers to run screaming in horror ya know!) has come to be a little um... embarrassing. As I grab hold of my board to "catch a wave", the pressure from the pounding surf as I ride starts to drag on my bathing suit bottom which causes me to fall off balance and it like totally messes up my ride, dude! When I attempt to stand up my skirt is all up around my waist and the tankini top is half way up my Casper white stomach. It's not a pretty sight! Last night, after dinner ~ which we had at home - hubby having leftover nachos while I made myself a toasted tomato sandwich ... darn, forgot the bacon on it! ~ on our way to Broadway at the Beach we stopped at a mall to find me a one piece suit. We found a couple I liked at Dillard's and this is what I decided on: I can't believe I'm willingly posting a picture of me in a bathing suit ~ what am I thinking?

Both the suit & cover-up were 30% off!

After the suit shopping which I might add went tear-free!!, hubby and I head off to Crocodile Rocks, a dueling piano bar in Broadway at the Beach. We'd been here before but it was even better than we remembered. Fortunately, it didn't get too inappropriate until much later when we were ready to go home anyways. Why do they need to hop down below the curb and call it entertainment? Can't we all just have good clean fun? These guys were really talented though... one in particular who played a mean fiddle to "The Devil Went Down to Georgia" and had us all in stitches as he did the Michael Jackson "Thriller" dance while another player played and sang the song.

I talked with a woman who lives not too far from one of my sister's close to home in Ontario. Her daughter got engaged 2 days ago at the beach and another family member was celebrating a birthday last night so they were having a great time. We got home around 12:30 and I fell into bed not long after. There was no early rising for a sunrise this morning, but hubby regretted to tell me that this morning's was probably the best one yet. Oh well... at least there were no dolphins I missed! Those came now, as I have been typing this post!

To end today... just want to answer a couple of questions from the comments section. If I haven't answered yours, repost your question and I'll get to it in the next post!

Karen wanted to know where I got my walking sandals last week. The answer is my new favorite store... Dillard's. They were on sale!

Abby wanted the website of our condo rental. We went through Condolux here in Myrtle Beach and they are FABULOUS! We're staying in the Crescent Keyes in North Myrtle Beach and I'm sure we'll be returning in the future. It's a GREAT beach area for familys! Quiet, good amenities, lots to do within short driving distances and none of the craziness Myrtle Beach can be known for.

Well, time to pack the cooler with delicious veggies and fruit, water and other snacks, slip on my flip flops, slather myself with 30 SPF sunscreen and hit the beach. Be back later... maybe - hee hee.

6 comments:

Goat Gal said...

Cute suit! Sounds like you have having a great time. Think of me shivering in the north while you are at the beach :)

Denise said...

I often try to keep a little notebook when I go away (like when we went to England) so I can jot down what we did each day, otherwise I'm like you and don't know what we did when, the days just all roll in to one!
Love your new 'suit', Dillards is very pricey here, I would only get something in there on a really BIG sale.
Have a super day.
sending hugs
xxxxx

Karen said...

I was going to ask about the condo too. :) I am so going to go to D's and look for those sandals. It sounds like you're having a great time. I'm vacationing vicariously through you this week. :)

~Pam~ said...

Hi Sue!
I am so glad you and Doug are having a nice time. :)
Love the new suit, very nice!

Take care sweetie. love you
xoxo

blessedmomof3 said...

Looks like you've been having a really lovely time! I don't think I have ever heard of Myrtle Beach. I wish I was a beach type person and able to go out into the water, but I have a silly phobia that keeps me from doing that.

Abby said...

Hi Sue, Can you send me your email address? I'd like to email you, but I don't have your address. Mine is abselli@hotmail.com