Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Tuesday's Tails from the Weekend

Okay, I realize that I "misspelled" tails... but that was intentional as I plan to update you on the saga of Pepper's visit to Auntie Sue's house and our visit with Little Miss "H", our "god-daughter".

I survived our crazy Saturday babysitting my BFF's 2 yr old and having a puppy in the house. It actually was rather fun and hubby and I felt like a real "family" (not that we aren't real as a family of 2) as we took both Little Miss "H" and Pepper for a walk to the park. Here's a little photo diary of our weekend:

Before Mommy left, Little Miss "H" w/ Uncle "D"
reading her new Dora book



Afterwards, we took Pepper and Little Miss "H" for a walk to the park, between rain showers


Little Miss "H" taking the reins (sort of)

Little Miss "H"

Getting Little Miss "H" to bed Saturday night was much easier than we'd anticipated. Uncle "D" and I snuggled into the guest bed with her to read


that is... until I got a phone call from one of my niece's who shared with us that she and her hubby are expecting... TRIPLETS!!!

My BFF came back around midnight and stayed overnight with Little Miss "H". After breakfast on Sunday, we all head over to the park for a little fun in the sun.

Pepper taking a break from running through the clover

At the park, Little Miss "H" had fun

Sliding...

Driving...

and Riding

Then she and her Mommy head over for a swing


while Pepper hung out in the sand nearby.


After the swingset, Little Miss "H" just felt like hanging around


before we took a group shot (minus our photographer, aka hubby)


We head home for a snack

Check out Little Miss "H" shoving a fist full
of dried fruit in her mouth - lol


and a swim


before they head off to a party at my BFF's parents


Little Miss "H" and her folks will be back to live with us for a week in a week's time as they prepare to close the deal on their present home and before they get possession of their new home. Auntie Sue gets to babysit that week so be ready for more stories (and pictures).

I'll update you later on more stories of our time with Pepper too!

7 comments:

Goat Gal said...

What a busy weekend! Congratulations to your niece having triplets! Wow!
Glad that your doggy days are going well :)

Abby said...

Little Miss H is adorable! Looks like you had a great time with her!

Tracey said...

Hi Sue! Sounds like a fun time for all! Love the story and all the pics. Hope you are having a great evening. ((BIG HUGS))

Darylynn said...

Hi Sue! What fun you're having with your little visitors- both the two and four-legged variety! :) You and hubby would be fantastic parents for a fur baby. It sounds to me like you're getting that urge! ;) That was such a funny video with the little rubber ducky. I'm sure your friend appreciated you showing her daughter such a wonderful time and how nice for you to put them up while they're in transition to their new home. You'll have to tell me about your Sims characters. What they're like and all. I think I mentioned that my Milly Darling is the Martha Stewart-type excelling in cooking and gardening. Did you download the free Prius? That's Milly's car along with a pink bike. (((Hugz)))

Amy, a redeemed sheep said...

My mouth is still hanging open over the TRIPLET news!!! WOW!!

Denise said...

Loved these pics Sue, don't know how I missed them when I last visited, unless they just weren't loading and I only read the top post?
Just got back from the gym, off to have brekkie, Jason is home but still in bed, he got in after 1.30am last night poor guy.
xxxxx

Tera said...

Love the pic of you all on the slide!! Sweetness! God bless.