
Meet Pepper, one of my furry "niblings" (siblings' kids). Pepper's mommy, my 4th oldest sibling, aka "C", has gone to the Yukon territory to see our oldest sibling who works on contract there.
Pepper is a Bichon-Frise/Havanese mix and he's about 3, maybe 4 years old. He is a cutie but full of spunk! Having never owned a dog (only had the family Collies growing up) or having children, I feel completely out of my element but how hard can it be, really? Well... if this morning is any indication it is truly going to be a LOOOOOONG 10 days!
The day began at 4am when "C" got up to get ready for her 6:30 flight. If she was up that meant Pepper was up too as they were in the same room. I offered to take him out while she got ready and so there I was, wandering the grass in front (and back) of my house, hoping the little "Pepper poo" as we call him, will do some business. He had the old "snip and rip" (aka neutering) done when he was itty bitty so even though he's male he doesn't lift his leg to pee. Good on one hand because when he goes for a walk he doesn't need to mark every post and pillar along the path, but bad on the other hand because I can't tell when he pees.
After "C" and hubby leave for the airport I go up and hop into the guestroom bed where Pepper spent the night hoping that I can get some more sleep. Uh. Ya. Let's talk about that. Lil' Pep settled in for a short while... a very short while and then was sniffing around the door.
"Do you need to go out?" I ask the little ball of fur. Oh how I wish he could talk!
I grab my sweater and flipflops and wander back out in my neighborhood in my pj's. Again, can't tell if he did anything or not. After about 10 minutes I came back in and tried to go back to bed again. Maybe 20 minutes later Pepper was back at the door. Sheesh! By now it's maybe 5:45 a.m.
This time I think to myself, Perhaps we need a longer walk. So I threw on some sweats, my running shoes and hooked him all up to his harness, poo-bags in hand and away we went around the block. Hallelujah, Pepper pooped! Maybe now I can get some rest but when we got back in the door he was wired and ready to go... tossing his stuffed pillow to and fro, running about. Sigh. Did I mention yet... It's gonna be a LOOOOONG 10 days!
So now that I'm "up", it's 7am and Pepper is sleeping on the end of the sofa beside me. Silly dog!
Pepper is a Bichon-Frise/Havanese mix and he's about 3, maybe 4 years old. He is a cutie but full of spunk! Having never owned a dog (only had the family Collies growing up) or having children, I feel completely out of my element but how hard can it be, really? Well... if this morning is any indication it is truly going to be a LOOOOOONG 10 days!
The day began at 4am when "C" got up to get ready for her 6:30 flight. If she was up that meant Pepper was up too as they were in the same room. I offered to take him out while she got ready and so there I was, wandering the grass in front (and back) of my house, hoping the little "Pepper poo" as we call him, will do some business. He had the old "snip and rip" (aka neutering) done when he was itty bitty so even though he's male he doesn't lift his leg to pee. Good on one hand because when he goes for a walk he doesn't need to mark every post and pillar along the path, but bad on the other hand because I can't tell when he pees.
After "C" and hubby leave for the airport I go up and hop into the guestroom bed where Pepper spent the night hoping that I can get some more sleep. Uh. Ya. Let's talk about that. Lil' Pep settled in for a short while... a very short while and then was sniffing around the door.
"Do you need to go out?" I ask the little ball of fur. Oh how I wish he could talk!
I grab my sweater and flipflops and wander back out in my neighborhood in my pj's. Again, can't tell if he did anything or not. After about 10 minutes I came back in and tried to go back to bed again. Maybe 20 minutes later Pepper was back at the door. Sheesh! By now it's maybe 5:45 a.m.
This time I think to myself, Perhaps we need a longer walk. So I threw on some sweats, my running shoes and hooked him all up to his harness, poo-bags in hand and away we went around the block. Hallelujah, Pepper pooped! Maybe now I can get some rest but when we got back in the door he was wired and ready to go... tossing his stuffed pillow to and fro, running about. Sigh. Did I mention yet... It's gonna be a LOOOOONG 10 days!
So now that I'm "up", it's 7am and Pepper is sleeping on the end of the sofa beside me. Silly dog!


7 comments:
It's gonna be a FUN 10 days!! LOL! Make sure you share all of your adventures. :o)
Pepper sounds like a pampered pooch! ha. You and I both know that cats are a snap compared to our little barking friends. We love our Lucy, but the kitties are sure easy compared to her. Good luck with the 10 days. You two will be best friends soon. ; )
I love it! The joys of having a dog:) Dakota was fixed early too, so he just squats instead of lifting a leg. You'll get used to figuring out when he's pottying! Maybe tomorrow he'll sleep in. They're like kids. Just take him on a long walk in the evening and maybe he'll be tired and sleep in! :) He is precious!
Ok I really must tell you that cleaning up that poop with a bag is not a fun thing. I'm not sure you've experienced it yet but warm smell mush. Yuck! I hope you get some sleep with your little furball friend.
As I'm reading about Pepper, Kanan is coming and looking at me expectantly like he has to go out! Boy dogs! By the way, Kanan squats to pee, too, much to Jeff's chagrin but he still lifts his leg to mark. Kanan, that is ;) Pepper is very adorable and I'll bet you'll fall in love with him before your long 10 days are up.
The wedding looks fun and the couple very sweet and pure, like you said. Ah, young love! :) Your wedding outfit looked great! I don't think I've ever attended a wedding in a tent. Probably because in California we can depend on the weather so most are either indoors or outdoors, sans tent.
Hope you have a wonderful weekend! Getting ready to go shopping for Father's Day dinner. (((Hugz)))
My in-laws just got back from the Yukon. They went about 20 years ago for the summer, and always wanted to go back. And they finally did!!
He is soooo cute. That's the kind of dog I want . . . eventually. I love our 2 big hairy sheddies, but NO MORE after them. I joke that I want a dog small enough to fit in a shoebox. I've heard that Havanese don't shed ... sounds good to me.
I see a Toronto weather box in your sidebar. I'm from Toronto, but have been living in the US for 20+ years. I get back up there pretty often, though . . . actually heading up there this weekend.
Post a Comment